PDA

View Full Version : Xvalve issues

Drix
05-15-2010, 02:11 AM
I'm having a few issues with my x-valve, and being new to the valve I thought I'd ask as I don't have the time to trouble shoot myself.

I am currently running a shiney new X-valve, I have correctly balanced my o-ring carrier to seal properly but at the same time offer as little drag as possible on the bolt. I have upgraded to a ULT on/off- This may be removed to tech the valve as I'm unsure if it is tuned correctly.

The problems:

1. Hot first shot: I'll typically chrono at 290-340 on my first shot and then 240 on subsequent shots, I cannot manage to get my 240's higher.

2. My on-off pin sticks outside my UL body interfering with valve removal- I would assume this is a simple sear length fix but I'm not posistive.

3. If I turn down the velocity I begin to half stroke every other shot despite holding the trigger down fully.

If someone could help me a bit I'd appreciate it, I'm trying to have things in working order for OSG on sunday.

Ando
05-15-2010, 04:28 AM
The problems:

1. Hot first shot: I'll typically chrono at 290-340 on my first shot and then 240 on subsequent shots, I cannot manage to get my 240's higher.

2. My on-off pin sticks outside my UL body interfering with valve removal- I would assume this is a simple sear length fix but I'm not posistive.

3. If I turn down the velocity I begin to half stroke every other shot despite holding the trigger down fully.

If someone could help me a bit I'd appreciate it, I'm trying to have things in working order for OSG on sunday.
Is this valve new to you or new out of the box?

1. Ck your reg seat and pin for debris and proper installation. Might need to change out the orings

What spring do you have installed? If you have the gray one. Cut a link off and make sure you install the cut part towards the bolt or go with the red or gold spring.

2. That not really an issue. Hold the trigger down when you degas. If the pin sticks out just pull the trigger.

3. Chrono the marker.

athomas
05-15-2010, 07:33 AM
Sounds like one of the regulator orings is leaking. It is typically the regulator seat oring that causes this issue. Check for dirt or debris caught in the oring. For best results, replace the oring if you have a new one.

Drix
05-15-2010, 08:38 AM
Is this valve new to you or new out of the box?

Yes it is, I'll check the seat and such and let you know how it goes.

Drix
05-15-2010, 08:01 PM
Ok, so it now seems my bolt is sticking slightly foreward on air up and will not reset nor fire. The bolt is not leaking. WOuld this be a ULE trigger problem?

athomas
05-15-2010, 08:40 PM
You are experiencing level 10 bolt stick. If the ULT was causing the issue, the bolt would leak if it wasn't fully reset. Not leaking means that the on-off is shutting off the air, which is what is supposed to happen. You will need to install a larger carrier using the same white powertube oring.

Drix
05-15-2010, 08:49 PM
Got the largest carrier in- the bolt will literally fall off the tip when it's not installed and it is still doing the same thing...

*edit*
Think I found it- had the carrier in backwards :tard: