PDA

View Full Version : For the first time in 10 years...

CatoRockwell
05-15-2010, 10:53 PM
For the first time in 10 years I played speedball. Both my E-Tac & my Valhalla Viking are out being annodized so I was left with my backup, an Xvalved, ULE'd bodied, ULT tuned mag.

Anyway, the reason I've avoided speedball so long was the whole agglet attitude & cheating. Well considering lately I haven't been able to find 1 local woodsball field where cheating hadn't become a chronic problem I thought I'd give the local speedball field a try.

Well I had a blast. Ironically, the group playing this Thursday was everything you would expect from a laid back honorable group of woodsballers. Everyone was there to have a good time and we did.

After the first game when I did a rush on the last guy on the other team running past his bunker and taking him out, I had several people come up to me asking what kind of new gun I was shooting :rofl:

I informed them that it was no electro, and spent a few minutes explaining what a mag was and how a ULT trigger worked. We ended up waiting 10 extra minutes for the next game because so many people wanted to try out my ULT. :clap:

After ripping off 10-11 bps a few times I even heard a guy with an Ego comment: "So much for mech's not being effective on a speedball field." :wow:

Anyhow, it was a great change from my local woodsball scene. In fact, I am finding several speedballers who have been very helpful in my improving my game. I am enjoying the style since it is such a big change from what I'm used to.

Am I switching over to speedball???

Probably not, but I definitely plan on playing it more. It is helping me improve as a player and I'm learning that bad and good players can be found anywhere. It's opened up my horizons a little, and I'm definitely going to be back rocking my ULT this next week.

Just thought it a fun story to share with everyone.

ProblemKinder
05-17-2010, 04:45 AM
I find woodsballers cheat just as much as speedballers. just my experience.

glad you had a good time!

Frizzle Fry
05-17-2010, 05:03 AM
I find woodsballers cheat just as much as speedballers. just my experience.

glad you had a good time!

Ditto. One of my friend kept getting major bonusballs to the crotch from a guy in full camo Saturday. It was terrible.

Temo Vryce
05-17-2010, 08:19 AM
Sounds like you lucked out and found a decent bunch of guys to play with. Glad to hear you had a good time and I love the quote from the Ego player.

paintmann111
05-18-2010, 10:02 PM
Over my last 11 years of playing I have found good groups in speedball and woodsball. The hard part is having a consistant group to play with, and with this economy you don't see the same people out each weekend. Although with my new job, i'm hardly out every weekend anyways.