PDA

View Full Version : inplain langue...please!

bound for glory
05-17-2010, 03:09 AM
not trying to beat a dead horse...really :confused: but i'm about to start a mag project so i can play ball with my little boy.
now, after you say "not another emag vs. pneumag thread" :tard: , just stop the " do a search, idiot" and help me out. i promise to never breach this subject again.
heres what i need to know: cut to the bone, what are the absolute pros and cons of a pneumag over an emag?
now, i'm no novice when it comes to mags. i had the 3rd mag in the state of new jeresy(now i'm in sh*ty pa.), i've had 3 micromags, 2 rts, an early emag, and a devilmag.
i don't mind the emags weight. i would be interested to hear what the xmod does as far as rof on the emag(is it shoting as fast as the rest of the electros of today?).
does the pneumag have a good rof? is the gas usage much more than the emag? does the pneumag need much adjustment?
tell it straight, boys. my boy wants to shot his old man :shooting:... but i want to be able to shot back ;)

rawbutter
05-17-2010, 06:45 AM
i would be interested to hear what the xmod does as far as rof on the emag(is it shoting as fast as the rest of the electros of today?).

I don't own an emag, but I've heard/seen that the xmod can get emags shooting well above the legal limit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLw1ejiqKfA&feature=related

does the pneumag have a good rof?

A good pneumag will shoot as fast as your finger can pull the trigger. This usually means around 10 bps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfEow82XO_E

Is the gas usage for a pneumag much more than the emag?
Yes, but it's barely noticeable. For a 68/4500 tank, you're talking about a 5-10% decrease in effeciency. If you're playing at a place with all-day fills, then you won't even notice.

Does the pneumag need much adjustment?
No. I've had a pneumag for three years now, and I've only had to clean it and oil it. I've messed around with the level ten more. Once you have a pneumag set up and calibrated, you just tighten the screws and lock down the LPR with locktite and you're good to go.

rawbutter
05-17-2010, 06:57 AM
While you're on the subject, you may want to check out egomags. There's been quite a few built recently. They seem to have all the advantages of an emag without all the weight.

For my two cents, I have a pneumag and I absolutely love it. In the three years since I've owned it, I've tried a few other guns (G3's, Minis, Vikings, etc.), but I keep coming back to the pneumag. I like the balance. I love not having to worry about batteries. There are other faster, more effecient guns out there, but I always seem to do better with the pneumag, and it never breaks on me.

Loneassassin
05-17-2010, 08:14 AM
I'd say a mediocre pneumag can do 10bps. Heck, mine would do that before I pneumag'd it just with a ULT on/off. Walking the trigger you can go much faster - it just depends on how fast you can twiddle your fingers and how well it is tuned.

That said, mine isn't that well tuned yet. (that will get fixed when I install trigger stops on my trigger and recieve my RT on/off from Tuna...). But last weekend I played with it almost exclusively and had no trouble holding my own against electros and some of them were ramping. But I'm not a real heavy gunner like some people - I take short bursts and also try to one-ball people using really good paint. I had an awesome day of playing last Saturday! :headbang:

I'll also say that at least at that field with all day air, efficiency was not an issue. I went out to the various fields and could always keep playing game after game until everyone needed to go back for air and more paint. I just love the fact that the pneumag does not need eyes (lvl 10 baby!!!) or batteries, but can still tear people up!!! :shooting: It's also my lightest semi, about 2.3 pounds without a hopper or tank. Pretty respectable for a mech gun if you ask me...

bound for glory
05-17-2010, 10:00 AM
whats an egomag?

Smoothice
05-17-2010, 10:06 AM
an egomag is an electropnuematic frame. Basically a ego trigger frame made to work with a automag rail.

BTW- I still have your pnue frame packed and ready to ship. Just waiting for payment...