PDA

View Full Version : Ninja 1200psi reg on the way.

fishmishin
05-17-2010, 02:19 PM
Okay guys here is the skinny. I spoke to Ray just a little while ago, and this is what he told me. Ninja can make a reg that puts out 1200psi. It is not ready to be released just yet, there are a couple of things that have to be done before they can be released. One thing that I can tell you that the regs will cost slightly more than the standard 45/k reg, understandably. The main reason for this is that each reg has to be individually built and tested before they can go out the door. Which means that they will be more expensive to make. I don't believe that we will see a huge jump in price though, and I don't believe it will be more than any of us will want to pay for a 1200psi output reg that can be easily be removed from the gun. Also these are going to be built specifically for Automags. you will not be able to drop the pressure back down to 850psi, or 450psi. Once they are built at 1200psi that is what it will always be.

With that said, you can purchase the rebuild kit now that will up the pressure, but from what I understand it will only go as high as about 950psi, and that is all. Although you will be able to adjust it back down to a lower pressure down the road. IMO if you want a real 1200psi reg just wait a bit and they will be available. I can't tell you how long but I don't see it taking to terribly long, and I believe it will be worth it in the long run. Ninja makes some great products, and they are awesome to work with, and if you hold off, it will payoff.

I posted this to let everyone know, and I will be staying in contact with them for updates on what is going on. I am going to ask you to please not bombard them with calls about this. Lets just give em some time to work out all of the details, thanks !!

sjrtk
05-17-2010, 03:22 PM
Of course it will cost a little more high quality specialized products always do. But with the ninja reg i have i'd pay more for the 1200, with out a second thought.

fishmishin
05-17-2010, 03:40 PM
I'm thinking the extra cost will be very minimal anyway.

Fatalis
05-17-2010, 03:59 PM
Hey Chris,

Count me in for 1 or even 2. :cheers:

Ando
05-17-2010, 04:05 PM
This has been in the works for a bit.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3336590&highlight=ninja+automag

fishmishin
05-17-2010, 04:40 PM
It's been in the works longer than that. We started talking about it at Cup last year.

bpreister
05-17-2010, 06:19 PM
They told me the same thing when I ordered mine but they had it built and out the door in 1 day I guess I don't understand why the delay for others that want to order them? I mean they had no qualms about doing mine when I ordered it they just said the pressure cannot be lowered once its set to 1200psi. Ninja is definately a great company though every time I've talked to them they have bent over backwards to help me and they are fast my orders have shipped out within 1 business day on most cases.

Fatalis
05-17-2010, 06:25 PM
Still not sure on the info I was given about the shims......But looks like their coming out with them anyway. :hail:

Squrkk
05-17-2010, 06:51 PM
Awww.... I was following the PBN thread months ago... I was hoping it would start at 900ish and be able to be shimmed to 1100+. Is there a reason why it is not adjustable?

All that aside, I applaud Ninja for their attention to mag owners!! I have one of their tanks and they are really nice. :clap:

fishmishin
05-17-2010, 08:55 PM
They told me the same thing when I ordered mine but they had it built and out the door in 1 day I guess I don't understand why the delay for others that want to order them? I mean they had no qualms about doing mine when I ordered it they just said the pressure cannot be lowered once its set to 1200psi. Ninja is definately a great company though every time I've talked to them they have bent over backwards to help me and they are fast my orders have shipped out within 1 business day on most cases.

Apparently after they did yours they decided they need to work out the price difference on them before they started doing a bunch of them.

I'm not really sure why they will not be adjustable.

Spider-TW
05-17-2010, 09:01 PM
Awww.... I was following the PBN thread months ago... I was hoping it would start at 900ish and be able to be shimmed to 1100+. Is there a reason why it is not adjustable?

All that aside, I applaud Ninja for their attention to mag owners!! I have one of their tanks and they are really nice. :clap:
They must get a few inquiries for mags. They knew what I wanted when I called. Iirc, they said that shimming the stock reg over 900 psi or so started getting a little iffy with the possibility of the reg hanging open. Higher output pressures will probably require a small redesign.

2BAD4U
05-17-2010, 09:15 PM
very awsome !!! i'll be turning in my pure energy tanks ...... :dance:

LONEWOLFOO1
05-18-2010, 09:31 PM
I am so in to buy a full tank from them its time to retire the raptor rex I been wanting a high output screw in for years. My mag was just not at potent without going real high presure (RHP)

LONEWOLFOO1
08-28-2010, 08:02 AM
Just order own today (have to call it in) looking forward to it.

SOUP
08-28-2010, 01:06 PM
I just purchased a ninja grey ghost from Ninja... do you think I would be able to trade mine in for a higher pressured one?

Also would I be able to use the high output tank on other markers too? Or would it be too much pressure?

thanks

dolphin1823
08-31-2010, 11:43 AM
I was able to get mine to 1100 psi output with 3 thick shims and 2 thin. :headbang:

factoid
08-31-2010, 03:04 PM
I was able to get mine to 1100 psi output with 3 thick shims and 2 thin. :headbang:

Sweet. Let us know how that holds up. Ninja has posted in other places that going beyond 950 can cause the reg to seize and would likely cause the LP burst disk to blow out.

brycelarson
08-31-2010, 03:14 PM
just as a suggestion - Ninja's hydro prices are really good. Buying an out of hydro tank and sending it in for hydro and reg swap could get you a 1200 psi output tank for a really great deal.

Chronobreak
08-31-2010, 08:07 PM
cool, i need to give ray a call and ask if they can remove a flatline reg, i hadnt played since spring and i noticed my flatline is now out of hydro :(

LONEWOLFOO1
09-27-2010, 07:25 PM
mines came in last week I like the engraved 1200 on the reg

Newt
09-27-2010, 07:33 PM
cool, i need to give ray a call and ask if they can remove a flatline reg, i hadnt played since spring and i noticed my flatline is now out of hydro :(
You'll find the Ninja is a major step up from the flatline. I know I did.