PDA

View Full Version : semi-auto pump mag. don't know why

fhawkeye
05-18-2010, 01:02 AM
I have a day-old pump-kit. was working fine initially however now shoots in semi-auto.

the wavespring and bumper is in there, I just can't figure out why the bolts able to clear it. could the sear be worn out?

flyingpootang
05-18-2010, 03:18 AM
To diagnose it stretch the wave spring a bit, if it works replace the wave spring. I remove my wave spring when not in use...

vf-xx
05-18-2010, 07:38 AM
Other option is to clip the main spring.

Spider-TW
05-18-2010, 09:34 AM
If you have an older, worn bolt spring, try that. If you increased the velocity, that can get you enough bolt recoil to catch (go semi) sometimes. It will settle in after a while though.

fhawkeye
05-18-2010, 09:52 AM
stretching out the wavespring unfortunately did not help it's weird, however clipping the main spring a little bit did. I'm going to take the advice and just leave the marker disassembled to maximize the lifespan of both springs.

Now I remember a link to a website being posted where I could get replacements for the wavespring months ago, does anyone have the link to that site?

Thanks guys. :cheers:

fhawkeye
05-18-2010, 09:58 AM
If you have an older, worn bolt spring, try that. If you increased the velocity, that can get you enough bolt recoil to catch (go semi) sometimes. It will settle in after a while though.

Yeah I tried an older worn spring and it was still enough to push he wavespring back. that's the spring i ended up clipping. when you say it will "settle in after a while" what are you referring to? the mainspring compresses enough to go back to pump after being broken in?

vf-xx
05-18-2010, 09:59 AM
stretching out the wavespring unfortunately did not help it's weird, however clipping the main spring a little bit did. I'm going to take the advice and just leave the marker disassembled to maximize the lifespan of both springs.

Now I remember a link to a website being posted where I could get replacements for the wavespring months ago, does anyone have the link to that site?

Thanks guys. :cheers:

http://www.smalley.com/

You can request a sample for shipping..

fhawkeye
05-18-2010, 10:34 AM
And what was the name/part number of the spring I'm looking for?

vf-xx
05-18-2010, 10:46 AM
According to HaveBlue (http://haveblue.org/tech/automag/index.html)

It's the CM100-M1

I think that's what I got, and I think it worked, but it's been a while since I messed with it.

fhawkeye
05-18-2010, 11:13 AM
Fantastic

fishmishin
05-18-2010, 12:24 PM
I have an extra, shoot me your address and I'll stick on one in the mail for you.

Spider-TW
05-18-2010, 01:00 PM
when you say it will "settle in after a while" what are you referring to? the mainspring compresses enough to go back to pump after being broken in?
Just that the spring system in pump mags seems to frequently cause a little trouble on first setup. However, once you've played with it a while and have it balanced out, they seem pretty reliable, even though little chunks of your wave spring are coming off on occasion (I need to get some new ones soon too).

pump
05-18-2010, 11:03 PM
most times if the wave spring is fine its from losing that rail spacer

finnmanpa
05-22-2010, 10:13 PM
How much main spring do people usually cut off.

My pump is doing the same thing, gouing semi after around 100 to 125 shots and I think cutting the main spring would help.

I've tried stretching my wave sprng but it doesn't work but so long.