PDA

View Full Version : relaunch of the 12 volt revy?

paintmann111
05-18-2010, 09:46 PM
http://www.actionvillage.com/014-169-0095

What's the deal with this? Is it just a 9 volt revy with its board soldered to stay running? I was thinking of buying one and putting my 12 volt board in it since my revy is pretty beat and I just broke the lid...

DeuceSV
05-19-2010, 12:14 AM
I am also very curious about this... My 12 Volt Xboard revy just exploded last weekend when I slammed into a spool. I have one of these that you linked... and it feels pretty cheap in comparison, but if I could get the board into it or something I'd be very happy to use it. Just don't know much about them to be able to make the changes.

Anyone?

TwilightG
05-19-2010, 05:41 AM
"Feed forward CAT (Continuous Agitating Technology) paintball loader"

sounds like no eyes and a battery drainer to me :rolleyes:
too bad..

SSP REAPER
05-19-2010, 07:08 AM

too bad..
It's too bad too. I have a 12V revvy and the wife uses it on her mag. I just used it Monday night and forgot how much I liked it :p
This new one looks like it may have the pocket for eyes and I am sure it may accept the older 12V boards. Only one way to find out... Maybe I'll buy one to experiment with ;)

mpsd
05-19-2010, 07:16 AM

too bad..

Doesn't the Torque and the Rotor work the same way? I don't have a Rotor but I do have two Torques and I really like them.

I was thinking about getting one of these cheap new Revys and use it's internals to mod an APP 50 round hopper so if anyone buys it for the shells, please LMK and I'll take the internals from you LOL

smeek
05-19-2010, 07:33 AM
Doesn't the Torque and the Rotor work the same way? I don't have a Rotor but I do have two Torques and I really like them.

I was thinking about getting one of these cheap new Revys and use it's internals to mod an APP 50 round hopper so if anyone buys it for the shells, please LMK and I'll take the internals from you LOL

While those hoppers spin all the time I know the rotor doesn't make noise the whole time because it isn't actually spinning the whole time. That VL loader doesn't have a catch cup so it would actually spin all the time instead of just spinning when there isn't paint keeping it from spinning like on the rotor, which would make it a loud/annoying hopper.

At least this is better than the Quantum though, which would actually be better to use to mod a 50 rnd hopper since the paddle is smaller.

Chronobreak
05-19-2010, 07:48 AM
i think its a revvy with a quantum motor( the worm hoppers) setup in it

Butros
05-19-2010, 01:18 PM
No eyes, runs all the time, sucks......I bought one to mess around with and ended up throwing it in a corner somewhere. If u want to play around with one, send me 10$ I'll send it to u

Frizzle Fry
05-19-2010, 01:21 PM

too bad..
Yep. Tippmann has a "CAT" in their recent line of agitated loaders... Not a big seller, even when compared with their other agitated loader which was a terrible seller itself.

I made a "Continuous Agitation Loader" out of an IndianSprings MAXI back in the day, before agitated loaders were readily available. The 9v revvy was a godsend after that.

Doesn't the Torque and the Rotor work the same way?
Those are forcefed. They push the paint in to the breech at all times, so it would stand to reason they don't stop running.

kcombs9
05-19-2010, 01:28 PM
http://www.actionvillage.com/014-169-0095

What's the deal with this? Is it just a 9 volt revy with its board soldered to stay running? I was thinking of buying one and putting my 12 volt board in it since my revy is pretty beat and I just broke the lid...

My local field has lids that fit my 12v revy. replaced it twice already :rolleyes: they might even have shells for them too.

druid
05-19-2010, 01:39 PM
Features:

Feed forward CAT (Continuous Agitating Technology) paintball loader
Feeds 12 balls per second
Constant feed once turned on
One touch operation
Requires one 9 volt battery (not included)

It's the predecessor to the 12V Revvi. I have a couple and while they aren't "bad"...they aren't good either. Definitely not my favorites of my Revvies. I know that the internal designs of the shell allow the eyes and board from the 12V but the battery boxes have this block inside - using 2 9V batteries will require modding of the box.

Ando
05-19-2010, 04:41 PM
If i'm not mistaken. That box is removable once you open it. I know one of my 9v rev's had one and it just came out. Not sure about the design on this one tho.

paintmann111
05-19-2010, 04:58 PM
F it I have some other odds and ends to buy off of action villiage so I am just going to buy one. The shells have to be identical to the 12 volts and 9 volts. The 9 volt back in the day was a 12 volt with a wire soldered across the board and only one metal clip for the battery. We used to by the 9 volt and 12 volt, switch the board and clip then return the 9 volt back to walmart when they were expensive. After doing that a few times I saw that u just needed an extra clip and to un-solder the wire. I'll give this a shot, I have a spare internals from when I made my other revy into a slave hopper for my angel.

druid
05-19-2010, 06:47 PM
If i'm not mistaken. That box is removable once you open it. I know one of my 9v rev's had one and it just came out. Not sure about the design on this one tho.

Really now........?

Hrm...I may have to tear mine apart and see. It's been forever since I've even used them...

BigTrucker
05-19-2010, 07:38 PM
I can't see this one going far unless they put eyes in it.

bound for glory
05-20-2010, 06:40 AM
if i get a mag going, i'll need a 18v revvy for my warp ;)

pepper
05-20-2010, 10:25 AM
Can you connect an Intelliframe to a C.A.T.? than it would only come on when the trigger is pulled?
Am I thinking right? :tard:

Frizzle Fry
05-20-2010, 03:05 PM
Can you connect an Intelliframe to a C.A.T.? than it would only come on when the trigger is pulled?

Then it would just be an "A.T."

Watcher
05-20-2010, 04:56 PM
I think Kee is planning on releasing an actual 12V Revy remake under the Invert name. Supposed to be the good ol' eyes and 4 paddle motor.

I wonder how the shells will be, though.

Frizzle Fry
05-20-2010, 05:00 PM
I think Kee is planning on releasing an actual 12V Revy remake under the Invert name. Supposed to be the good ol' eyes and 4 paddle motor.

I wonder how the shells will be, though.

They were released under the Empire name a while back (2, 3 years?) with very little success... Brittle shells and short lived motors.

ajnin
05-27-2010, 12:08 PM

sure just connect the intellifeed switch between the power on the new revvy.

GoatBoy
05-28-2010, 08:07 PM
A revvy + intellifeed actually worked better than an eye for me; by the time the eye detects that paint needs to move, it's too late.

I had mine set up really closely so that in the slack between the trigger and the safety, I could press it and get the switch to hit without actually firing a shot.

zondo
05-28-2010, 08:29 PM

The Rotor will run until it feels resistance in the ball stack. The battery life is superb. I bought mine last year and I'm using the same batteries... from the previous owner!

I can't see this one going far unless they put eyes in it.

I wish they'd go with sound activation as opposed to eyes. I have the old school Revvy shells with the Empire board with sound activation and I love it. My Revvy with X-board would spin at strange times that would give me away if I was trying to sneak around on someone (of course I have smoke shells with it, so I think that contributed to it).