PDA

View Full Version : Bad emag solenoid ??

fishmishin
05-20-2010, 11:25 PM
Having problems wit my emag shooting consistently in e-mode. It pretty much just sounds like it is missing shoots. I have 18v coming off of both sides of the solenoid while powered up, and it doesn't really drop when I am firing it in full auto. I have set the plunger rod to spec, and have even took it back out and tried turning it out a 1/4 turn at a time until I hit 3.020. It seems like it is trying to actuate the sear but it just doesn't have the strength. Here is what everything consists of.

UL lowers
X-mod
X-valve
.712 pin
quad o-ring

I went through the valve first, and replaced all of the on/off o-rings, including the quad. Then it dawned on me it RT's fine in mech mode so it has to be electrical. So I pulled the sear back out and cleaned the plunger and the inside of the solenoid. Then I started troubleshooting the voltage on it and it all seems fine. Oh and I also checked to see if maybe the plunger rod is bent and it looks fine. So what do you think, time to replace the solenoid?

fishmishin
05-20-2010, 11:43 PM
Okay now check this out. I switched out the rail to the VD EP that I originally put on the emag when I got it, and now it fires fine. So there's one for you Goose,

maniacmechanic
05-21-2010, 07:01 AM
Did it have a ULE rail on it ?? , I've ran into a couple E Mags that were VERY touchy about body & field strip screw tension with ULE'd rails (i'm thinkin that both of the were ULE E Mag lowers too ) , go back to a standard rail & all was good
At this point , the solenoid is about the last thing to blame , I don't know how many E Mags i've owned , bought , sold , traded & i've never had to replace a solenoid , i've tried to blame the solenoid a couple times , but it was allways something else