PDA

View Full Version : AO South '10 "big" game date?

punkncat
05-24-2010, 10:20 AM
OK guys, I am working on a special treat for us on the full game date, so I need to get it set down now. Kruger, I look to you first so that we can get something that the field is available with no conflicts and that you can attend. I like what we have been working with towards the end of Oct or no later than the first weekend in Nov so that we don't interfere with holiday plans or monies.

With that said, here is what I would like to work with....
If possible I would like it to be on a Saturday so we can all recover before the work week starts again. By no means is that set in stone.

Oct: 23, 24, or 30

Nov: 6 or 7

I think that it has been a consensus that we NOT hold it on Halloween. Some of us have kids and whatnot to get out that night, etc. I am feeling like the 30th might also be a party night for Halloween, but the game should be over in time for us to get home and back out to those in time.

So please, post up with your input on when you would like to see this game happen.....Kruger, PLEASE give some input on what is available field wise, and then the players can decide what is best for them.

I had talked to several AO related vendors and dealers last year and got some really nice swag that was well recieved from the players. I would love to do it again, and will be contacting some of you to see if you can generously donate something for us again. Thanks much...if you are interested, PLEASE shoot me a PM so we can get that going.

MODS, I will move this over to Meet and Greet as soon as we can get some details hammered out. I want it to be highly visible in the pre planning stage, so thanks for giving me a bit of leeway.

Looking forward to getting our game on! Martin aka punkncat.

Daze
05-24-2010, 01:15 PM
Flagwars is November 6th. I'm planning on driving over for that, I could be convinced to stay for a Sunday AO South.

But the 23rd sounds good too.

kruger
05-24-2010, 01:40 PM
Daze, you might want to re check that date. The Fall flagwars game was on the 6th, but that was before Rooster realized that there were gonna be conflicts. Nov 6-7 is the date that I had for the AO South, Rooster just forgot that when he posted that up. And that is the only weekend that doesnt conflict with other major games in the southeast, so I am not sure when the Fall Flagwars is gonna be held. The first weekend in Nov. is the when I usually hold the AO South game. And, it wont be the day after Halloween. Did that once, and got chewed out for it.

I am actually off Halloween weekend, and we can do it on the 30th, if there are no objections. But, it will be either 30 Oct or Nov 6. I will have to re-check our Air commitments on the 30 tho.

punkncat
05-24-2010, 02:09 PM
WK tells me that fulda gap is the first weekend of Nov.

Lets look into the 30th? See what air looks like. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly Mel.

Bigwooly1013
05-24-2010, 07:50 PM
my birthday is november 1 so anytime in that window and i'll be there. There's nothing on our calendar that far out yet. Let me know so i can book my campsite. It was awesome to stay there for last weekend and we'll definately stay there again in the fall.

Nate.

MANN
05-24-2010, 09:44 PM
I would like to stay away from Halloween due to people with kids (it really does not matter to me tho). I should be there regardless of date. Assuming that our problems at work are finished by then.

Daze
05-25-2010, 03:22 PM
Daze, you might want to re check that date. The Fall flagwars game was on the 6th, but that was before Rooster realized that there were gonna be conflicts.
Its what is currently showing on the fields website, so we've been planning around that date. If it isn't right I need to let my guys know we're on hold for a fall travel game.

kruger
05-25-2010, 04:38 PM
Its what is currently showing on the fields website, so we've been planning around that date. If it isn't right I need to let my guys know we're on hold for a fall travel game.

Yea, I know. And, I will get it taken care of soonest. I am sorry about the mixup on this.

txrabbit
05-27-2010, 04:22 PM
where is this gonna be, fellas?

kruger
05-27-2010, 04:27 PM
Scenario Paintball Games in Rome, GA.

Game will be on Nov. 7

AO South Home Field (http://spgpaintball.com)

Daze
05-27-2010, 09:25 PM
Awesome. Both games are on the calendar. Thanks Kruger