PDA

View Full Version : Questions on building a marker

gofarlow
05-24-2010, 11:48 AM
I see people selling lots of parts and was thinking about building another RT Pro with the parts I have from previous upgrades. I have the original grip and the valve. If I wanted to build another RT PRO, I would need the Rail, Sear, body, regulator (or what ever you call what the tank screws into) and a hose. My question is did I forget anything and do I have to be looking for parts that are from an RT Pro or can I mix and match from different guns (i.e. Will standard RT parts like the rail and sear work? Can the body be from any classic or RT automag?)

Thanks,

Gary

Dend78
05-24-2010, 12:03 PM
I see people selling lots of parts and was thinking about building another RT Pro with the parts I have from previous upgrades. I have the original grip and the valve. If I wanted to build another RT PRO, I would need the Rail, Sear, body, regulator (or what ever you call what the tank screws into) and a hose. My question is did I forget anything and do I have to be looking for parts that are from an RT Pro or can I mix and match from different guns (i.e. Will standard RT parts like the rail and sear work? Can the body be from any classic or RT automag?)

Thanks,

Gary

Gary,

if i read this correctly what you have is the valve and frame, from there you will need the following

body
rail
sear and pin
ASA
screws (thumb screw, frame screw, asa screw's)

that should pretty well get you up and running, as long as the vavle you have is a complete valve with bolt, bolt spring, on/off and all the other goodies that make it complete.

when you say older RT what do you mean by that? are you talking one with all internal air lines banjo bolt and such?

gofarlow
05-24-2010, 12:27 PM
Yes. I have a complete valve that just needs a rebuild. When I bought my marker it was the RT Pro. From reading it appears there is an RT marker that came before the Pro. Nto sure if the parts between the two are compatiable.

Thanks,

Gary

Gary,

if i read this correctly what you have is the valve and frame, from there you will need the following

body
rail
sear and pin
ASA
screws (thumb screw, frame screw, asa screw's)

that should pretty well get you up and running, as long as the vavle you have is a complete valve with bolt, bolt spring, on/off and all the other goodies that make it complete.

when you say older RT what do you mean by that? are you talking one with all internal air lines banjo bolt and such?

OPBN
05-24-2010, 12:34 PM
You are thinking of the Classic RT and no, a lot of the parts were not interchangeable.