PDA

View Full Version : This seems odd

kcombs9
05-24-2010, 06:22 PM
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm247/combslbcm/0524101751a.jpg

the z pin on the tunavalve is 1/4" farther back then the minimag valve, thus making impossible to use with some rails. without milling the groove.

OPBN
05-24-2010, 07:01 PM
oops. read it wrong. nvm.

theGOLDENchild
05-24-2010, 07:48 PM
Are you having a specific problem or just noticing the difference in location? The forward slot in the z-pin slot if 3/8" long, giving the pins plenty of forward/backward room. The minimag pin would sit towards the front of 3/8" slot, the rt sitting towards the back.

kcombs9
05-24-2010, 08:03 PM
Are you having a specific problem or just noticing the difference in location? The forward slot in the z-pin slot if 3/8" long, giving the pins plenty of forward/backward room. The minimag pin would sit towards the front of 3/8" slot, the rt sitting towards the back.

Yes the Micromag I got on lone in the mail today that I was going to use this weekend will not let my Tunavalve lock into place. the z groove is not the same as an RT

Frizzle Fry
05-24-2010, 11:40 PM
Yes the Micromag I got on lone in the mail today that I was going to use this weekend will not let my Tunavalve lock into place. the z groove is not the same as an RT

Is it a clone? I've owned several of every generation and never had a problem... Then again, never used a tuna X.

Ando
05-24-2010, 11:51 PM
X-valve and a T-Valve are one in the same. You shouldn't be having problems with it. Are you having the same problems with a RT and/or classic rail?

Frizzle Fry
05-24-2010, 11:54 PM
X-valve and a T-Valve are one in the same.

Different lazering, I know, I just wonder if maybe he installed a different Z-pin. I mean they're solid on the X-valve as opposed to the curled piece of steel on a classic, but I can't picture that making any difference when it comes to fitting in a z-pin slot...

Any chance you bought a Micro clone? Several of mine wouldn't take ReTro valves, though X-valves didn't exist then.

correia3
05-25-2010, 06:21 AM
The Micro in question is mine. As far as I know it is not a clone. My X-Valve fit it fine...

kcombs9
05-25-2010, 08:48 AM
I had some issues getting this valve out of my old Emag rail, it slid in fine but I had to loosen the rail some to get it to come back off, didn't think much of it cause the Z pin on the tunavalve looks like it sticks out a bit so I though that was the problem.

The groove on the micro seems different then my old RT rails (I have none in my possession to make a comparison)

Edit: I asked correia3 to send me his x-valve that fits (at first I didn't want him to send it cause I though I could use mine) when it gets here I'll take another pic to compare the 2 x-valves.