PDA

View Full Version : Another Day, another Mag... that I'll probably not play with.

OPBN
05-25-2010, 01:36 PM
I know the subject of Magwhoredome has been raised before, but curious regarding a different aspect of it. How many times do you actually get to play per year vs how many mags do you have vs how many do you actually use? Let's take me for example. I currently own 6 mags all in various states of customization. Out of the 6, over the past year, I have used exactly 2 of them. And one of the two, only once. It seems that every time I take the field, I grab for the workhorse and leave the others sitting in waiting. Is this common? Typically, over the year, I will play 5-6 big events and maybe a handful of rec days in between that I usually spend working out the kinks on the latest "upgrade". It probably works out to maybe 15 days of play per year.

And the sick part is that I'm eyeing up a new build utilizing a Hyperframe.

Make it stop.

kcombs9
05-25-2010, 01:38 PM
Send me all the guns you don't use. Problem salved. :ninja:

OPBN
05-25-2010, 01:40 PM
Send me all the guns you don't use. Problem salved. :ninja: Find me at LL3 and they'll probably all be in the back of the car, not getting played with.

bbotts77
05-25-2010, 02:34 PM
I have four assembled mags and enough parts for at least two more. I also have two new bodies being made right now. I only play with one. I gas up a microRT every now and then to show my friends what it can do. That's about it. I'm thinking of building a pumpmag out of some of the spare parts I have. I'm really regretting doing the "Go X-valve" program because I could really use another classic valve. :D

mpsd
05-25-2010, 02:47 PM
I have 26 Mags and in the past 2 years I've played about 4 times LOL

Everytime I go playing I take two Mags for me to use (the Alien and the Dallara pneu) but I always take some extra ones to lend to my friends (mostly the Micro, the RT Classic and some other classics). The e-Mag, with which I've played the Brazilian National Cup in 2006 always go as the spare but haven't being used much.

Anyways, I have a total of 65 paintball guns. Just like collecting them. Guess I should start thinking about going to a psychiatrist, right?

:cheers:

Frizzle Fry
05-25-2010, 03:29 PM
I've been playing with one of my Micros for the last few weeks while the others collect dust... I need to get the other ones on the field, but I also want to get some electro play in with Angels and AM guns. It's not easy being a gunwhore! It's like having a few dozen girlfriends and trying to keep them all happy... :D

fishmishin
05-25-2010, 03:42 PM

Everytime I go playing I take two Mags for me to use (the Alien and the Dallara pneu) but I always take some extra ones to lend to my friends (mostly the Micro, the RT Classic and some other classics). The e-Mag, with which I've played the Brazilian National Cup in 2006 always go as the spare but haven't being used much.

Anyways, I have a total of 65 paintball guns. Just like collecting them. Guess I should start thinking about going to a psychiatrist, right?

:cheers:

Nah, sounds like you have it all figured out to me, lol !! I would probably have a long talk with your insurance agent though :D

Shirow
05-25-2010, 04:38 PM
I have 1 mag and I play with it almost every week... :headbang:

kwood
05-25-2010, 04:50 PM
that was my exact motivation for selling everything of mine off except for the workhorse mags

i couldnt justify using money towards those when i still have student loans to pay off (and am trying to knock out fast) and be a musician

so i kept what i needed to play with and when i get my loans paid off, ill buy a bunch of mags ill never use ;)

sjrtk
05-25-2010, 05:07 PM
I have 4 mags at the moment. My x-valved mag, retro minimag, classic RT, and a pumpmag. Plus 6 Tippmanns, 2 Sheridan pumps, and a sniper pump. The tippmanns sit most of the time but the others get used. Each has a particular job, but I guess it is a growing problem.

OPBN
05-25-2010, 06:49 PM

:cheers: You make me feel much better about myself. :rofl:

SkinnyHare
05-25-2010, 08:49 PM
You make me feel much better about myself. :rofl:

exactly... i thought i was pretty bad about the whole thing 'til i read MPSD's post.

i have 13 'mags (that i can think of at the moment) and enough parts for another 1 or 2. i also still have my first 2 guns, a pro-lite and a mini-lite and a non-functioning 'cocker somewhere.

i've played only once in the last 12 months that i can recall, yet i still troll around the B/S/T area and eBay looking for my next acquisition =\

ProblemKinder
05-26-2010, 12:45 AM
i haven't played yet this year.

played once last year.

maybe twice the year before.

I have like 3 and a half mags and a tippy A-5. I never use the classic because, well it's slow. having been so used to the ULT on my RT Pro the classic is just a chore to fire. then theres the RT Pro with the stock on/off which, honestly I'm not really sure why I have. loaner I guess. and I just got my pneumag in the mail from mag79, so I definitely will be going out soon!

CatoRockwell
05-26-2010, 01:06 AM
3 mags:

1. E-Tac my primary, out being annodized.
2. ULE ULT xvalve mag. Backup marker, and just a fun gun to show electro's what a mech can do.
3. Classic Mag = Loaner

Each has been used at least 4-5 times this year.

PAINTHEY
05-26-2010, 02:57 PM
Only got an x-mag and a classic but have 12 guns that needs some play time. Bring 3 guns each day and rotate them out.

I’d loan out my BL closer before I’d hand over one of my mags… People just don’t have the respect for the mag and are unworthy to play with its power. :shooting: