PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Crossfire

CatoRockwell
05-26-2010, 01:26 AM
Ok guys, I've waited to post anything in hopes that I wouldn't need to, but I'm getting frustrated that I have received 0 response from Crossfire Inc regarding my less than 1 year old tank. Read Below:

I purchased one of your Red reg 68cu/4500 tanks in June of 2009 from Action Village. Since that time I have taken very good care of the tank, and it keeps up with me. However, about 3 months after I purchased this tank, the reg began blowing 1.8 burst disks. So I sent it to you and you fixed it. Now it is doing the same thing again, this means I again have to ship it to you guys at my expense to have it repaired. Hopefully it's still under it's warranty. Even if it is, I still have to deal with the cost of shipping it to you, and then the wait to have it returned. This is my primary tank, and if it is out of commission, it interferes with my playing.

I have Oklahoma D-Day in less than a month, and I need this tank to be working. Hopefully you guys can fix it when I ship it in this monday the 17th of May 2010, and have it back to me before I leave for the event.

Even if you are able to resolve that, I want to know why this regulator has had the same issue twice within a year. I've owned several hpa tanks and I have never had this issue. I treat my equipment very very well as you will see when I send it in. I use a durable case to protect the tank, a fill nipple cover & metal thread protector are on at all times. So why is this high performance tank having major issues within its first year, when my pure energy hpa tanks have lasted 5+ with no issues?

I apologize if I sound frustrated, but I can't afford to have a tank that is unreliable. I don't accept unreliability from any of the rest of my gear. I am looking to buy 3 more tanks this summer, and the only reason I am even corresponding with you is that your customer service has been top notch through my difficulties.

Please respond ASAP as to A. Whether you will be able to get this fixed for me and back to me by the end of the month; and B. how this is not going to be a continuous problem for me in the future?

Thank you for your quick response.

Any suggestions? Has anyone had this issue? I'll be happy to delete this post or post follow up, if Crossfire comes through. I sent them my tank, but they still haven't responded as to my questions, which I sent in email and also a carbon copy in the package with my tank.

smilestyler
05-26-2010, 08:36 AM
Buy your next three tanks from your nearest brick and mortar store and let them worry about the quality of the tank/ warranty.

Newt
05-26-2010, 10:04 AM
Cato, was that contact attempt by phone or email? Many companies have excellent service by one, and end up ignoring the other.

CatoRockwell
05-26-2010, 10:11 AM
it's been through both. I just called them again and they said they were shipping it back to me tomorrow. I just hope this time I don't have to get it fixed again, if it has to be done again I'll just get a new reg from a different company.

lasrsktr
05-26-2010, 12:33 PM
You might have a dirty air supply from the field you play at..

Which could be fouling your regulator..

Crossfire regs are usually bulletproof for the most part, but thats only if everything involving the use it "by the books"...

I know that there are a few places here where you need to have a "filtered" fill nipple in order to avoid these types of issues..

Look into the Bob Long Filtered fill nipples and maybe this will be a fix for your problems.

~Steven

CatoRockwell
05-26-2010, 03:02 PM
Crossfire just called me back and is installing one of their new rebuildable regs for free. So im pretty happy with the result. Hopefully the new reg doesnt have issues.

Bigwooly1013
05-26-2010, 03:40 PM
both of my new stealth regs the set screws vibrate loose after a game or two and then the bonnet wants to come off instead of the tank coming off the gun. i'm guessing it's nothing a little blue locktite wouldn't fix

Watcher
05-27-2010, 12:42 AM
I have and use one of the Stealth regs and I love it!

Outputs high enough and recharges fast enough to RT my 'Mag, my set-screws don't come loose, and the reg is very easy to rebuild.
It's also very small. Smaller than Ninja's stuff (not by much but it is smaller). I like it a lot.

I had a review written up on it, but the host of the site is currently experiencing a broadband error so I can't post it...

Newt
05-27-2010, 12:12 PM
Watcher, do you know what PSI that's actually putting out?

Watcher
05-27-2010, 11:01 PM
I do.

It's like watching a dead guys heart moniter, nice and flat 850psi!

Well, it does drop when you fire the gun but the needle just vibrates instead of dropping and ascending... Always comes back to 850, though.

My T2's ASA has an extra port on it, I guaged it up just to see.