PDA

View Full Version : reg psi?

crack
05-26-2010, 07:59 AM
ok im putting the final touches towards my pneu and i want to get a new reg but im wondering what should i get the reg output psi to be for a pneu?

Spider-TW
05-26-2010, 10:27 AM
For your LPR? About 70 psi is pretty average I think for an RT on/off and has plenty of head room for sticking seals. You can go lower, especially with a ULT on/off, but your ram will fill slower as well, and there is such a thing as "too light".

Somewhere around 120 psi or so you normally start popping hoses off, unless you use tophats, especially on cheap barbs. I would rather let the hose pop though.

If you have a fast LPR (like a micro rock), you can run it closer to your minimum as compared to one that is smaller and tighter (like a tickler). Your actual pressure setting will depend on the LPR, your on/off, and the placement of the ram. The higher up the sear you put the ram, the more pressure it will need.

crack
05-26-2010, 02:28 PM
For your LPR? About 70 psi is pretty average I think for an RT on/off and has plenty of head room for sticking seals. You can go lower, especially with a ULT on/off, but your ram will fill slower as well, and there is such a thing as "too light".

Somewhere around 120 psi or so you normally start popping hoses off, unless you use tophats, especially on cheap barbs. I would rather let the hose pop though.

If you have a fast LPR (like a micro rock), you can run it closer to your minimum as compared to one that is smaller and tighter (like a tickler). Your actual pressure setting will depend on the LPR, your on/off, and the placement of the ram. The higher up the sear you put the ram, the more pressure it will need.

sorry i meant to for the reg on my bottle, this is still really helpful info but thank you

athomas
05-26-2010, 03:15 PM
Your bottle reg should be about 850psi.

crack
05-28-2010, 08:10 PM
Your bottle reg should be about 850psi.

ok i thought that i was just wondering should i get higher as i see a lot of guys on the forum going for 1000 + but i im not sure if this is just for the RT affect

i mean would ther be any advatage to me on a penu going above 850 psi?

athomas
05-28-2010, 09:06 PM
Higher pressure gives more reactivity. You shouldn't have any problems with the standard 850 psi.

crack
05-29-2010, 10:20 PM
cool thank you for that