PDA

View Full Version : Am I ever going to get my cheater and frame back?!?!?!?!?!?!

UberWigget
05-27-2010, 09:36 PM
Well I know I'm no the only member on here that has yet to receive their frame or cheater order back from ZapTheMad. I payed for my cheater and install, sent in my frame, and have yet to hear a single word from Zap. It's been over half a year now and I think its time us members that have not received our goods take action and get the situation under control.

First off, does anyone have any connection with ZapTheMad?

Its been far too long and I want my valuable parts back. For now I will consider them stolen.

Thanks all who can help

DevilMan
05-27-2010, 11:14 PM
It's not a great help, but I'll be closer to the area in the upcoming weeks and plan to stop in and see if I can actually catch up to him...

Don't hold your breath, but I'll do what I can.

DM

correia3
05-27-2010, 11:46 PM
I had been in contact with him via e-mail until I got my parts back. Haven't heard from him since, but I didn't expect to. Last contact I had, he mentioned some "personal" stuff that he was dealing with, but he did say he was planning on getting all the work done...I probably still have his e-mail address if you want it, PM me...GL

skyless
05-28-2010, 12:09 AM
Identical situation.
Zap has my groovy single frame and my $$ for instal, micro rock and hose.
Many pms exchanged to confirm my frame was recieved and install plan.
Then after December no contact whatsoever .
The address to where I sent my frame to is all I have.
I would really like to see this resolved.

Ando
05-28-2010, 03:40 AM
He's got a few things of mine but I'm more concerned if he's alright then anything. Gear can be replaced.

BigEvil
05-28-2010, 04:03 AM
Still cant get mine to work......

Swamp Thing
05-28-2010, 07:10 AM
He has my stormwalk frame and my $$ as of right now.

Unfortunately I have been thru this before with Chris Nearchos and my stuff with him.

If you followed that I had to get state troopers involved but I got my stuff back.

Zap had been great up untill December then he dropped of the planet.

The first step would be to E mail him if you have that info

Next seed a certified letter saying you want your stuff back

Then if no reply you can try and turn up his phone #

If all of the above fail then contact the cops.

Swamp

Shirow
05-28-2010, 07:22 AM
Why is this an ongoing thing here, it just blows my mind.. everything was going so good with the Cheater shipments etc (I got mine in a very timely fashion) and then the person just disappears with no explanation.

I can understand if you just don't want to do the work or want to stop making what you're selling but why does this always seem to happen when the person has a bunch of other peoples gear?

punkncat
05-28-2010, 08:42 AM
There really does seem to be some manner of mag related custom curse. It is uncanny. Ask people how those Garf frame LPR's are coming along..... :eek:

Tunaman
05-28-2010, 08:51 AM
This is the Internets. Know the people you deal with. Period.

TwilightG
05-28-2010, 08:54 AM
Sadly, in this particular situation, Zap was actually fulfilling orders at first. People paid, people received product.

Then *poof* (or should I say *zap*)... fell off the planet :(

I really hope that everything is ok, especially if some personal issues came up. But at the very least, he could have just sent everything back to people.

Heck, even Garf should have cut his losses when he delivered the G-Force frames almost a year late. Refund the LPR customers and call it quits rather than ruin his image further (and at least give a chance to redeem himself)

luke
05-28-2010, 09:33 AM
This is the Internets. Know the people you deal with. Period.

I second that...

NoForts4Me
05-28-2010, 01:04 PM
It's like a broken record. Every time I see vendors or Airsmiths pop-up offering pre-orders with a deposit on some new fangled gadget or gun, I think "Here we go again." There are a few reliable ones (couple on this thread, for example), but they are the exception, rather than the rule. I've always tried to avoid custom work or purchasing stuff that can't be shipped immediately because I've seen too many people burned.

I hope this eventually works out for all involved.

teufelhunden
05-28-2010, 01:07 PM
How many times have I read this exact same thread?

luke
05-28-2010, 01:13 PM
I hate getting lumped into these threads by default with lines like "this always happens" because it doesn’t ALWAYS happen. But yes, it is unfortunate when it does.

Shirow
05-28-2010, 01:18 PM
I hate getting lumped into these threads by default with lines like "this always happens" because it doesn’t ALWAYS happen. But yes, it is unfortunate when it does.

It doesn't always, no, but it's unusually (well, depends on how optimistic you are, I guess, as to whether it is 'unusual' in general) prevalent here.

I know there are some trustworthy people here who finish things in a timely fashion and don't disappear with peoples money/gear.. but they sadly seem to be outnumbered.

There is always some excuse if the person re-appears which people seem to gladly accept but.. honestly.. unless you're dead or incarcerated, there is no real excuse.

luke
05-28-2010, 02:52 PM
I hear where you’re coming from and in this case I like being the odd guy out. And you're right there is no excuse for it.

Shirow
05-28-2010, 03:01 PM
I hear where you’re coming from and in this case I like being the odd guy out. And you're right there is no excuse for it.

Yes, you are one of the small number of people I would vouch for here ;)

bound for glory
05-29-2010, 02:08 AM
ever notice these guys develope "personnal problems" AFTER they take deposits? just like the devilmag... :rolleyes:

Dirge
05-29-2010, 05:24 AM
Yes, you are one of the small number of people I would vouch for here ;)

Second that.

MANN
05-29-2010, 10:43 AM
Oh the irony. :rofl:

BigEvil
05-29-2010, 08:04 PM
Oh the irony. :rofl:

:confused:

Im not too bright, but I love a good LOL. Care to enlighten someone like me who isn't as sharp as you? I wanna :rofl: too!!

UberWigget
05-29-2010, 09:23 PM
Sorry if this thread came about as harsh or repetitive. I certainly hope all is well with zap. I was only trying to make the current situation with zap more apparent, and hoping someone has been able contact him. Its been too long to just sit here waiting for my order to somehow end up on my doorstep.

Well I'm going to give Swamps advice a try and see what happens.

If anyone somehow contacts Zap in any way please let me know. If I somehow contact him, I will let the thread know.

Thanks

luke
05-29-2010, 09:30 PM
So did these units end up not working as expected??

zondo
05-29-2010, 09:34 PM
So did these units end up not working as expected??

Mine worked great out of the box on an intelli, but I think they were designed for use on them. If you had something different, ie. airwalk, stormwalk, y-frame, they needed some mods and Zap offered install services. I think this is what most are waiting on.

UberWigget
05-29-2010, 09:37 PM
What they needed on other frames was making the slot for the cheater to slide in wider and 2 wholes for set screws to hold it in place.

And thats what I am waiting on for my Triton....