PDA

View Full Version : First shot drop off

pinkanese
05-28-2010, 04:07 AM
I did a search and didn't come up with anything too useful so i figured I would go ahead and ask.

So my Retro valved z mag has been having a problem with first shot drop off. As in the first ball piratically falls out of the barrel and I hear a nice chuff sound. the lvl10 is tuned fine, shoots great without paint in it. Actually it shoots single balls just fine as well, but as soon as I have a stack of balls in the feed it chuffs the first one. Will r/t just like very mag should after the first shot, but if I let it sit and don't shoot for a minute the first one is a dud like before.

I am at a loss here. I thought it was the lvl10 but I have been through that. Also I did try this with other barrels because I thought that might be it but that didn't help either.

I am thinking that somehow I am getting an extra half ball or so and that is causing the bolt to chuff the first shot.

One small thing, I seem to recall reading somewhere that you are not supposed to use the wire detent with the lvl10, is this true? I kinda want to try a wire one as opposed to plastic and see what happens.

athomas
05-28-2010, 05:30 AM
If it doesn't happen on subsequent shots, then it is bolt stick, but not bad bolt stick or it would have difficult resetting. What is the lowest velocity that your setup will shoot at? Your operating velocity should be about 20 fps higher than that lowest velocity value. If the lowest velocity setting is too high, then you need to use the next lighter bolt spring. It should correct itself once you have the white powertube oring broken in.

Spider-TW
05-28-2010, 09:16 AM
I had this happen to me when my first level 10 was just getting broken in. I played a night game and eventually heard a slight hiss down the barrel. Normally the reg back should pump up the dump chamber if the level 10 leaks. I figured I must have had two problems, a leaky level 10 (which was a very loose fit) and a sticky regulator-back. I tightened the level 10 by one carrier and cleaned and lubed the reg and it went away. That was all I could figure out; it's not a common mag problem (I think).

gmiller0
12-19-2010, 05:23 PM
I had this happen to me when my first level 10 was just getting broken in. I played a night game and eventually heard a slight hiss down the barrel. Normally the reg back should pump up the dump chamber if the level 10 leaks. I figured I must have had two problems, a leaky level 10 (which was a very loose fit) and a sticky regulator-back. I tightened the level 10 by one carrier and cleaned and lubed the reg and it went away. That was all I could figure out; it's not a common mag problem (I think).

Hey Spider, when you said you cleaned the "regulator back", were you talking about the reg pin valve assembly or the reg piston? I had the same problem and took out and cleaned the reg pin valve rubber thingy and replaced the reg seat o rings and my first shot drop off went away....

Spider-TW
12-19-2010, 07:14 PM
I expected the problem was in the reg piston o-ring being sticky (along with the PT leak). I can't see the reg pin being sticky and causing the reg not to open, but I would have lubed it and cleaned it when I had it out too.

The whole thing would have probably gone away for while with a heavy oiling. :rolleyes:

I drug that one out of the closet for a case of paint last month, it's still rocking along. That little leak is all the trouble it has ever had. I think that leak was 2006.