PDA

View Full Version : New to the RT'ing Effect

DeuceSV
05-28-2010, 03:17 PM
Got an X-valved mag and I was curious as to how to begin experimenting with the "RT" effect. I have a ULT in it now, I believe... does that become an issue at all? I'm looking for either a new tank with an adjustable regulator on it, or I've heard about Ninja paintball from people here and there about making and replacing custom regulators to take the psi above that of my crossfire high output reg?

I don't want to lose the ability to put the output psi back down to where it does not RT, but those Ninja regs sure sound nifty.

When it comes to adjustable regs, I've heard only of Dynaflo, Armageddon, and Maxflo... what is all this about and can decent ones still be found?

Thanks,
Jason

Newt
05-28-2010, 05:39 PM
If your tank reg has a good recharge rate and your mag is tuned and broken in really well, a ULT with 5 or 6 shims can be made to RT nicely. The traditional method is to use the RT on/off and a higher input pressure (zak vetter is this method's patron saint, see his stuff at zakvetter.com).

The modern regs such as the Pure Energy or the Ninja are actually adjustable, but not on the fly. Dissemble the reg and add shims.