PDA

View Full Version : New Phoenix Mag! Need a Name and Ideas! (PICS!)

Hawk1216
05-30-2010, 05:22 PM
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b235/Hawk1216/automag-1.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b235/Hawk1216/automag-1-2.jpg

Just completed my own pieced together Phoenix Automag. I'm pretty excited, as I've owned ULE's, Tac-One's, and of course Classics, but this is the first rarity I've had the pleasure of owning.

X-Valve w/ Level 10
ULT
Phoenix Body and Rail Combo
Y-Frame
Dual Detents
JCS Low-Rise Feedneck
Bike Grip Foregrip
T2W Special Ops Stock
C-Series 14" Barrel
Way Too Much Krylon Crap Paint.

Now I need your assistance for two things:

1: I need to name her! I mostly play woodsball, am religious, and shoot very little paint. Derive a name off that. :-p

2. It is currently Krylon'd OD temporarily for the upcoming OK D-Day, but after that, I'm going to send her off for anodizing and perhaps laser engraving. I need cool designs, preferably that aren't shiney due to my woodsball roots, but I'd kind of like to avoid just a simple camo paintjob. I want it to be special! (I'm considering laser engraved Bible verses on either the body or on the grips; but it's up in the air.)

I am going to be ordering some custom grips for my y-frame also and thus need some ideas for those as well! I'm looking for a theme for the entire marker.

Ideas would be great, but in all honesty, I'm just excited and wanted to share my excitement. :cheers:

I went to my local field yesterday and was apparently the star of the party, as roughly 15 people in a 3 hour time span came and oogle'd the new marker while I tuned it and relaxed. Many had never seen an automag, and the ones that had, really loved the Phoenix body and how light the marker is! I was glad to promote the name of AGD. :headbang:

Thanks for lookin' fellas! :dance:

zondo
05-30-2010, 05:50 PM
Phoenix Risen ("He is Risen")

Fred
05-30-2010, 06:50 PM
Thats a little redundant seeing as its in the nature of a Phoenix to rise from the ashes.

tbaggin
05-30-2010, 07:42 PM
the AlphaOmega

zondo
05-30-2010, 08:00 PM
Thats a little redundant seeing as its in the nature of a Phoenix to rise from the ashes.

Not really, if I suggested Firebird Phoenix, then I'd agree with you. The name is also a statement implying that it actually happened.

Oddux
05-31-2010, 06:31 AM
Uriel

Uriel: His name meaning either "Fire of God", or "Angel of Light", Uriel is not mentioned in the scriptures, but is nonetheless a prominant figure in legends and lore, recognized by the church until it put a stop to "angel worshiping". Uriel is also named as the guardian of the Garden of Eden, standing at the gates with a huge flaming sword, preventing anyone from entering. Supposedly he is very sharp of mind.

Or to also fit the pheonix/fire theme, you could try the something based around the Seventh Plague of Egypt. The hail of fire. "The Seventh Plague" "Hail of Fire" "Pharoah's hail" I dunno, pick one.

correia3
05-31-2010, 07:06 AM
How about "Creeping Death" like the Metallica song about the plagues of Egypt?

Hawk1216
05-31-2010, 04:23 PM
You guys are awesome! These are great suggestions!

Right now, I'm really leaning towards Uriel. The Hebrew definition of Uriel as being "Fire of God" is very much in line with something that I would like on there.

Let's run with that! What would be the best design for depicting such a name? Flame annodizing seems occasionally overdone, but perhaps not. I would really like a scene depiction laser etched into the annodized color; thus perhaps some suggestions with that?

Once again, thanks so much for the responses! A theme was exactly what I needed to really go running with this design! =)

maineiacpballer
05-31-2010, 05:43 PM
What about if you laser engraved wings on the sides of the body and then placed the name on the top half of the body between the feed neck and the barrel end or directly under the barrel on that end of the body?

Shirow
05-31-2010, 06:22 PM
Before you anno it or anything, I'd get some new grips and a different foregrip. I think the bike grip kinda throws it off.

zondo
05-31-2010, 06:49 PM
Before you anno it or anything, I'd get some new grips and a different foregrip. I think the bike grip kinda throws it off.

I agree... I think it would be worth the wait for VD's forgrips to put on this.

Something like:
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll108/VenomousDesigns/Venom02.gif

1stTarget
06-01-2010, 08:45 PM
Judgment.

Hawk1216
06-01-2010, 09:03 PM
What about if you laser engraved wings on the sides of the body and then placed the name on the top half of the body between the feed neck and the barrel end or directly under the barrel on that end of the body?

Perfect! I think I'll go with that idea. I had thought about wings, but I've been mulling it over in my mind on the best positioning of them due to the unusual body shape. I especially love the idea about the name, because on closer inspect, it would fit amazingly on those grooves.

Shirow and Zondo: Absolutely! Luke is making me some custom aluminum grips which will be anodized with the rest of the marker. I'm also going to pick up a RPG foregrip as the shape really complements the idea of angelic fury in my opinion. :shooting:

So, now we have Uriel with laser etched angelic wings, and the name etched in the body groove. What color anodizing will complement this design? I am planning on going all out on this one, so I'd hate to just do a plain color. Perhaps some sort of acid wash combination would work? I'm not sure, but I'd love for help on this.

Thanks so much everyone! :bounce:

TeamBob
06-01-2010, 09:48 PM
I love the Uriel theme. And i think this has alot of potential with the right color scheme. I wouldnt choose an acid wash or anything to "busy" as it will draw away from the wings and word. Also, it would make them not stand out as much. Im not saying that it couldnt be pulled off, just that i would be alot more diff.

Also, the bike grip is not doing this gun justice ;)

Gotta feeling this is a future MOTM. :cheers: Good luck bro

Shirow
06-01-2010, 10:00 PM
Color wise, depends, for woodsball I'm always wary of going anything too crazy bright..

I've always liked olive drab gloss -> dust black fade personally but it's not 'one of a kind'

finnmanpa
06-05-2010, 12:08 AM
Angelic Fury
The Guardian
Scortched Judgement
Cleansing Coal

OneSelfLost
06-09-2010, 08:30 PM
The Demon Mag :shooting:

Sneaky Sir
06-10-2010, 01:24 AM
How about for the anno having a gloss black base with a very dark and subtle red acidwash going throw it? Almost so it seems there are fire embers starting on the marker and it just has a "flame's glow" to it. I think it'd be pretty sweet. And would fit the fire theme.

reckid1986
06-10-2010, 12:27 PM
the tequila sunrise anno, yellow, orange, red fade. sounds like it would fit the bill.