PDA

View Full Version : x valve w/ult problem

ochsy
05-31-2010, 10:53 AM
Ok so I bought a x valve with ult and didnt know if I would like the ult. I played with it one day and love it. Problem is it seems like I would shoot about 40 balls and then the trigger seems to take a while to reset. I got thought the day with it and tried to let a friend us it the next time we played and he had a lot of problems with the trigger reseting. So i changed carriers to the next size up and that didnt help at all. I took the ult out and it has 3 shims ( I didnt get a shim kit with the gun) so I take 1 shim out and it shot twice and the trigger would not reset at all. I'm thinking i need more shims but dont have any to try, what do you all think? Oh i am also sure I have enough pressure to the gun.

Ando
05-31-2010, 03:06 PM
You can use lvl 10 shims. Just remember, lvl 10 shims are twice the size.

ochsy
05-31-2010, 04:29 PM
I dont have any extra shims at all

automagman2000
05-31-2010, 05:45 PM
is it your trigger or your bolt thats having the trouble resetting?

ochsy
05-31-2010, 06:18 PM
it is the trigger from what i can tell, I cant move the bolt back any more if I try to help it and it doesnt help it reset.

would I be able to take 1 shim out of the level 10 just to see if it helps? or does it need both shims?

automagman2000
05-31-2010, 06:27 PM
You can use just one shim in the lvl 10 as long as it resets when it pinches a ball. On my mag i dont have any shims put in the lvl 10 because it resets fine without them.

Ando
05-31-2010, 06:40 PM
Hmmm...You need to get some shims bro. I would help you out but I about exhausted my supply handing them out to peeps on the forums. I might have some lvl 10's I can give ya. PM me your address and we'll go from there.

The shims for the lvl 10 are there to help reset the bolt once it's been tripped. I'm sure you'll be fine with out them. Pull them all out and play with the ULT. Once you get your ULT working the way you want it, count the shims and let me know how many you need. I have to go ck and see if I have any first :rolleyes:

ochsy
05-31-2010, 06:54 PM
ok let me try it first to see if it works then we can go from there. i didnt want to take the level 10 shims out for fear i could damage the bolt. Ill give it a try and see what happens

ochsy
05-31-2010, 08:38 PM
ok so I took 1 shim out of LX and put it in the ult. So far no problems with what air i had left, might of put around 200 cycles on it. will it hurt to play with it 1 shim short on LX?

automagman2000
05-31-2010, 08:45 PM
No it shouldnt, the shims are there only to help reset your LX bolt. If your carrier is properly selected and everything is well lubricated you shouldnt have any problems with your bolt resetting.

ochsy
05-31-2010, 09:32 PM
thanks a ton fellas. I knew it was simple just to chicken to try it with out asking. ando thanks for the offer, i wasnt looking for a hand out but thanks anyways. this is why this forum is so great :cheers:

Ando
06-01-2010, 07:16 AM
I have a bunch of lvl 10 shims so the offer still stands if you need any.

And don't think of it as a hand out, unlike other forums, parts change hands on the gratis here all the time. :cheers:

ochsy
06-01-2010, 08:14 PM
I have a bunch of lvl 10 shims so the offer still stands if you need any.

And don't think of it as a hand out, unlike other forums, parts change hands on the gratis here all the time. :cheers:

ok ya talked me into it. sending pm