PDA

View Full Version : New X valve

runningboar
05-31-2010, 09:18 PM
Just ordered a BNIB X Valve, yes I am stoked. Just curious if there is anything I need to know or do to get it running out of the box. I have looked at the online tutorials and some youtube vids, just thought I would ask here for some real world experience. Thanks, Chris

automagman2000
05-31-2010, 09:22 PM
that thing should be ready to go, i believe the LX is already tuned, although you may want to fine tune your own level 10. There are a ton of posts on how to do it. congrats on the purchase, you will LOVE it

noah_
06-01-2010, 09:02 AM
If you have any problems, check out this guide:

http://www.automags.org/resource/level10/index.shtml

Spider-TW
06-01-2010, 12:41 PM
Some of the really old thumb screws were about two threads too long for the x-valve (maybe one thread with the urethane washer). If you get it finger tight and the valve is still loose, put a washer under the head or grind off the last couple of threads. Just don't keep turning the stainless screw in the aluminum valve body. :cry:

athomas
06-01-2010, 04:07 PM
Also, don't count on the level 10 being already tuned. Remove the powertube shims and check the carrier size yourself. Use the largest carrier that does not leak.

Spider-TW
06-02-2010, 08:37 AM
Also, don't count on the level 10 being already tuned. Remove the powertube shims and check the carrier size yourself. Use the largest carrier that does not leak.
:) That, and expect to adjust it after a few cases of paint with just the next size smaller o-ring carrier (if it starts to leak a little). Once you wear the inner surface down on the powertube o-ring, it might be too loose and leak just a little. After that, if it happens, it should be good for a long time.

It discourages some people when it happens, but it's just kind of a break-in period. Some o-rings have more of a mold line than others, which is what wears off that quickly.

runningboar
06-05-2010, 03:12 AM
Thanks everybody, new you guys would have some good tips. Chris