PDA

View Full Version : help please....

randall "ace"
06-01-2010, 10:52 AM
hi guys .... i just bought an 88 ci 4500 tank and purchased a gorilla myth reg to put on it , but im told it puts out only 650 psi , and that the automags need 850 .... can i still use this regulator ?

kcombs9
06-01-2010, 11:00 AM
Contact myth and ask for shims that you should be able to add to the reg to get the pressure up near 850-900.

That one might work but you would get shoot down when you get into high rate of fire.

Or see if they will switch for a High output pressure reg.

randall "ace"
06-01-2010, 11:05 AM
i dont know a whole lot about hpa tanks and regulators.... the tank is over at my local hydrotesters right now getting tested, i was gonna drop off this new reg. to get installed on the tank , but now i dont know what to do ....im not one who usually puts out higher rates of fire , most i shoot is like 4-6 ballz per second semi.....its mainly gonne get used on the minimags in this picture.....

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s109/rknightandkarr/100_1312.jpg

OPBN
06-01-2010, 11:19 AM
You still need the higher pressure. I had a Ninja Reg installed and it was putting out about the same and got very inconsistent shots. 1 shot every second or two and it wasnt too bad, but anything beyond that and it went screwy. Call Gorilla, they will most likely have you send it to them and they will add the shims or they may just send them to you.

randall "ace"
06-01-2010, 12:07 PM
thanks guys i will be sending it back to gorilla air for them to install high pressure kit , very friendly customer service on the phone .... 8)

* on its way back , caught the post office in time *

Ravenneon
06-02-2010, 09:42 AM
Had the reg on my crossfire tank that is ten years old replaced(110/3000) with a Ninja at Living Legends. I asked them if they could get higher than 850psi. They shimmed it and installed it on my tank and put a digital gage on it. It read 926psi. The X valve I have R/T's a whole lot better now. I'm actually quite impressed with the performance.