PDA

View Full Version : Left feed to Center feed conversion

iridehyperlite07
06-02-2010, 04:46 PM
I have a 68 classic mag with a PF left body and lapco bigshot setup for side feed. I am looking at getting the no rise CF body from AGD but want to be able to use my lapco still. anyone know of an adapter that will let me use the side feed twist lock barrel on a CF body?

captian pinky
06-02-2010, 05:34 PM
only thing i could think of is modding the barrel maybe jbweld the twistlock so that the barrel would be fixed?

Saleenlmz
06-02-2010, 05:38 PM
If you remove the twist lock pin, the barrel can sit in any direction. Then use electrical tape around barrel to increase friction so it doesn't rotate or slide out. This is assuming that you don't grip the gun with one hand on the barrel.

iridehyperlite07
06-02-2010, 05:43 PM
Thanks guys. Decided to try using the dremel on a POS barrel first to mill out the opening so that when I twist it in it will just have that whole piece open since both the center feed and side feeds use the same thread layout, just in a different direction. If I get it right I will try it on my lapco, if not then I'm only out the Sh***y barrel.

captian pinky
06-02-2010, 05:54 PM
if i were you i would modify the twistlock part not where the ball drops in the barrel. maybe if u make a small notch at the corner of the L where the barrel needs to be then maybe it will sit. try this first before the other

athomas
06-03-2010, 08:37 PM
Drill a dimple on the opposite side of the barrel from the breach. You can measure the exact distance from the breach end of the barrel using the existing slot. Once the dimple is drilled, mill a slot to connect the drilled dimple to the existing slot.

correia3
06-03-2010, 10:00 PM
I did it once by removing the twist-lock assembly and using a slightly longer gripframe screw - the longer screw extends up into the body and can be used to hold the barrel in place....No drilling or anything...You have to loosen the screw to remove/change the barrel, but it works...

iridehyperlite07
06-04-2010, 10:44 AM
Thanks guys. Turns out my machining skills aren't as bad as I thought. I managed to cut the groove on the L so it would fit and I shimmed it enough to make it stay snug when its in. I appreciate all the input! Being able to "see" what I wanted before I started really helped.