PDA

View Full Version : Well, got good news and bad news...

druid
06-03-2010, 01:34 AM
Back story - In April last year, I went out of work OJI with a broken hand [yes, the inmate survived :D ] and was out until late January 09. Before I went back to work, I was having troubles seeing...so much so, I asked my wife to make me an eye doctor appointment. Saw the man for glasses, who told me "[I] have the eyes of a 70 yr old man." That sucks, considering I just turned 40 at the time...
He said I have cataracts in BOTH eyes and they were bad enough that they were operable NOW. So I ordered a pair of glasses to help sharpen images until I could see the surgeon. Made the appointment to see the surgeon.

The good news: Monday a week ago I had the surgery. Long story short, he replaced my left lens and said I'd be out of work 7-10 days. Saw him Tuesday for my post-op visit and my eye's healing fine, so he's sending me back to work this coming Tuesday.

The bad news: I'm not allowed to play paintball for 8 weeks.
...and worse, the next surgery for the other eye will be in about a month. Add another 8 weeks on top of this one...

The REALLY bad news: I won't be making the OK DDay, Skirmish Ion, IL/Sherwood Forest DU Khang, possibly even Fall Castle Quest events like I wanted to. I won't see a paintball field [pardon the pun] until September/October.

On the brighter side...when I CAN get out to play again, I'll be able to see all my targets!

I just want everyone to take a moment and reflect upon their own health for a moment...

Do you feel as if something is "not quite right?" Do you think that something "could probably be better?" Take the time to occasionally look inward instead of outward and try to notice things change as you get older. Yeah, I'm 40 and many here are not [you youngin's] and that's why I'm speaking to you about this. Get in the habit of regular doctor's visits and ESPECIALLY with the eye doctor. You cannot imagine how much nicer it is to be able to see my daughters' shining faces now...as opposed to before.

Frizzle Fry
06-03-2010, 02:13 AM
Dude, just think of it like a Rocky training montage... You're getting your *** ready for the awesomeness of next season.

Now you just need a Steve Austin jersey, you 6 million dollar man... They rebuilt you! They had the technology!

druid
06-03-2010, 04:36 AM
Dude, just think of it like a Rocky training montage... You're getting your *** ready for the awesomeness of next season.

Now you just need a Steve Austin jersey, you 6 million dollar man... They rebuilt you! They had the technology!

LOL...man, you ain't kidding...

Broke my arm in Jr HS.

In HS, I broke my right heel and had a bone graft from my hip to that heel.

Had AC joint/rotator cuff 4 years ago superman diving to restrain an inmate with a weapon...

Broke my hand last year - again, unruly inmate....

now this. I'm a freaking mess, dude....lol.

Army
06-05-2010, 09:33 PM
DDay teams need support, water, air, fresh paint ready to go, beer, bar-b-que, and cleaning gear....

...not necessarily in that order.