PDA

View Full Version : What is it about sending someting to the mechanic?

punkncat
06-03-2010, 10:11 PM
I purchased a new Mini a few months back from Kohn Sports..got the digicam lazered one. This is my third purchased new, really like them and regretted selling the other two almost instantly, so I figured I would pick one up that is about as "one off" as these come without getting completely insane on expense.
Well, the reg creeped on it almost from the moment I got it. Gave it a little time to try to break it in, but couldn't get it to stop. At times it would go 10-15 PSI within seconds and creep up from there, and at other times it would barely do it, or not at all. It took me quite some time to get an RMA number to send it back to Kee...I guess with the restructuring, aquisitions and whatnot, overall about a 2 month process to be able to send it back.
I called the other day to see what the status was, and a tech talked to me letting me know that he would check on it personally. I get a call back from him telling me that he had it hooked up to air for the last two days, fired it a bunch, and cannot get it to creep at all, been steady as a rock.
We talked for a minute about it, and he decided to go ahead and switch it out for me... :clap:
The only bad part being that the reg is not internally servicable, and I will have a gloss black reg body on what will be an all lazer matched Mini aside from that. :mad:
Not all bad considering that Kohn is going the extra mile and offered to re lazer the reg body to match the rest of the marker and barrel I sent to be matched with. :clap: :clap:

Overall, a long, but tremendously satisfying experience with both vendors, in spite of the problem deciding to hide while I sent it to be looked at.

Thanks to Kee and Kohn Sports. Both of them went the extra mile to keep me satisfied. That is getting harder and harder to find nowdays. :hail:

DevilMan
06-03-2010, 10:27 PM
I have a Mini question for ya... I've got one that don't turn on... different batteries and all... push button no go... nothin...

any ideas? Bad board in the foregrip??

DM

Oh and good deal on gettin it all fixed up... post up some pics when ya get it back.

punkncat
06-03-2010, 10:59 PM
Check to make sure the little battery harness pins are not bent or broken. The battery plug comes right off the board on two pins and a small connector.
If that doesn't work, make sure the button isn't stuck or something, but I am sure you would have noticed it not "clicking" or having the proper feel as it were.

Those boards are kinda easy to short if you chop LOTS of paint, it can run down through the eye holes and into the board. That would be pretty noticable too, as you would see the paint residue on the board.

ANS gear did have the old flash 14BPS Tadao boards on sale for $50 which is cheaper than the stock replacement.

punkncat
06-06-2010, 04:16 PM
Just to let you know...I got the Mini back in. Kee shipped it out to me overnight air just to be certain I got it in time for a game today. It is working great, and only short a bit of Lazering that I am talking to Kohn about having re-done.

Very happy to have my Mini back in hand. Just in time for me to fix the Viking...lol.

MANN
06-06-2010, 07:40 PM
Just in time for me to fix the Viking...lol.

whats wrong with the viking?

going_home
06-06-2010, 09:06 PM
I had a Mini once.
I started looking at the exploded diagram of it
and saw how complicated it would be for me to work on, and I immediately traded it.
Performance-wise it was nice but I could tell I'd be paying someone to fix it if there was a problem.

A marker in the same price range thats easy to maintain is the Dangerous Power G3.
You can pick them up in the $200.00 range used. Sweet little marker.
All the parts pop right out the back.

The MacDev Drone, while in the $400.00ish price range used is the same.
Everything pops right out the back.
Picked up a Drone in a trade and I forgot all about wanting another Viking,

;)

punkncat
06-07-2010, 08:30 AM
Ram cartridge wear out, and possible LPR replacement on a well used 04.