PDA

View Full Version : Emag, no mech mode.

Taz
06-04-2010, 10:01 PM
Hey guys.

I recently put together an emag, and for some reason mechanical mode dosent work. Hybrid and electric work perfectly. Its a Gen 4 Micro body, with correct on/off pin and sear.

While in mech mode it seems as if the trigger rod isent long enough. when first gassed up the trigger will push the rod and nothing happens. Then the rod will stay flush with the frame so the trigger wont touch it anymore.

Plunger and trigger rod lengths are set to spec, and the on/off pin is the shorter Micro type pin.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Taz

Frizzle Fry
06-05-2010, 05:27 AM
Gen4 as in powerfeed? Never tried Emag lowers with a PF body.

Have you adjusted the sear pin at all?

Ando
06-05-2010, 09:31 AM
Adj the sear rod out more. The tolerances are going to be different on a micro body compared to your typical setup which is what the posted settings were designed for, a typical setup. I just tuned Doorss1 X-Mag (which was my first X tuning) and I had to throw the plunger and rod off from the norm on that body, looks like you'll be needing to do the same for yours. None of the normal sear or plunger setting were working right on his X so I had to shoot from the hip and make my own. ;)

You too will have to play with it yourself to get the exact measurements. Nothing we can do for ya really besides helping you with basic valve tuning. That's unless someone here has done the leg work for you on that body style.

The rod is probably the simplest thing to get right on a E-Mag. You need it long enough to actuate the valve but not long enough that it interferes in E-Mode. If it's bouncing off the trigger in E-Mode, back it off a 1/4 turn each time you test it.

correia3
06-05-2010, 09:38 AM
Pretty sure he has a 2K Micro-E body that he got from Mongoose. I could be wrong, but I think he was the one who got those parts...

athomas
06-05-2010, 09:44 AM
Adj the sear rod out more. The tolerances are going to be different on a micro body compared to your typical setup which is what the posted settings were designed for, a typical setup. ............ You need it long enough to actuate the valve but not long enough that it interferes in E-Mode. Your sear rod will need adjustment as Ando mentioned, due to differences in the micro bodies vs regular emag body/rails.

Set up your manual mode first. Adjust the trigger rod so that you get consistent actuation in manual mode. Then adjust your electronic trigger stop so that it stops in front of the trigger rod without making contact. Next, adjust your trigger magnet to actuate the HES before the trigger hits the trigger stop.

Taz
06-05-2010, 12:13 PM
Guys you are fast. Correia is right it is the 2k body I got. I thought it was a gen 4 but Ive been reading too much about them lately and have gotten confused :tard:

its a vert feed e-micro body.

ill start with the trigger rod first then, the plunger seems to be fine atm.

Thanks again guys for the help.

athomas thanks for the instruction I'll start on it now.

Taz
06-05-2010, 09:06 PM
Just in case anyone needs this info later.

Micro emag specs:

Trigger Rod: 2.145"

Plunger rod: 3.005" (standard)

On/Off pin: .685"

You may have to adjust these values around but this is whats working for me.

Thanks again

Taz

athomas
06-05-2010, 09:44 PM
Good to here you got it working. I just got to thinking about the body spacer. Do you have it installed between the body and the grip frame? If not, that could explain the differences from a standard setup.

Taz
06-12-2010, 06:50 PM
Good to here you got it working. I just got to thinking about the body spacer. Do you have it installed between the body and the grip frame? If not, that could explain the differences from a standard setup.

I do luckily enough I got that with the body.