PDA

View Full Version : battery problem

Feathered
06-05-2010, 02:33 PM
so I just got my emag and it has a problem of not powering on doesnt look like it holds a charge (well at least) and I just opened my battery enclosure to find white stuff on the top near the conections(on the inside of the case) as well as 2 orings at the bottom and the battery is deformed a bit. it smells of acid.

my question is
A. what should I use to clean the case up is it safe to wash it in the sink due to the battery acid or should I do it in the yard so the ground will soak it up?

B. I do need a new battery right?

will post pic's tonight. aside from this the gun is awesome and im so happy to have a mag again.

athomas
06-05-2010, 09:50 PM
The battery pack is probably old. Use a stiff brush to clean the pack off. Clean the terminals with a wire brush. The orings are used to take up slack at the bottom of the battery pack so that it does not vibrate and also holds the battery and terminals tight at the top.

Don't pour battery acid down a drain. It should be properly disposed of, and not by pouring into the ground. If you rinse acid off a battery don't have it come in contact with metal. It it very corrosive on metal.

Feathered
06-05-2010, 11:02 PM
its not on the battery its on the battery box. its corrosion that is white dono if its acid or what. terminals are clean the pack its self is deformed and rusted at the top and bottom

Ando
06-06-2010, 12:13 AM
The white stuff is probably lead sulfate or the aluminum itself if you see pitting after you clean it.

Feathered
06-06-2010, 02:12 AM
what should i clean it with?

Ando
06-06-2010, 02:50 AM
Baking soda or Coke if it's the lead sulfate. That will neutralize the acid if there's any present.

Feathered
06-07-2010, 06:43 AM
ok thanks will do that tomorrow.