PDA

View Full Version : New mag owner question

redmammon
06-05-2010, 03:02 PM
Hello. This is my first automag. I have been doing every thing to every other gun and thought i would give it a try. The powdercoating will be done when im done with the machining im doing. I was going to ask is there anything else i can do besides by a new valve that would make my gun lighter. Also im woking on the pneumag tuning still will the classic vave stay consistant past 13 bps? here is a pic tell me what ya guys think.
http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/redmammon/0605001559.jpg

iridehyperlite07
06-05-2010, 05:59 PM
:rofl: Honestly, if you were looking for a light gun, you really picked the wrong one. With that said (in a totally joking manner) you *could* shave some off the rail anywhere that isn't housing a moving part. This will probably be closer to the front, but be careful. You can also hollow out the grip towards the bottom of it, there is sometimes a little extra on the heel of the grip that can come out. Other than that yours looks to be pretty stripped down as much as it can. You are right, the valve will lighten it up SOME, but not a whole lot. The body is the easiest thing to lighten it up, which you already have.

maniacmechanic
06-05-2010, 06:25 PM
you can ULE the rail , the Full classic valve weighs ; 12.5oz an X valve weighs 7.5 oz , you may be able to shave some material out of the inside of the frame & skeltonize the trigger guard , you could also trim about 1/2" off of the front of the ULE body

runningboar
06-05-2010, 08:42 PM
I remember when I went from a VM68 to a mag thinking about how light my mag was :wow: .

I guess I am just used to it but the weight doesn't bother me at all, IMO a stock mag balances very well and the lighter guns feel awkward when you put a full hopper on them. Chris

Ando
06-06-2010, 12:03 AM
Ok...I'll bite...

What frame is that?

redmammon
06-06-2010, 08:02 AM
SFT shocker i have a custom mix of that color but will be making the frame black instead.