PDA

View Full Version : My Mag

legion
02-07-2002, 09:57 PM
Aight! I see other people doing this, so now i shall do the same, attached is a picture of my newish, but happily working (finally) MiniMag, got it about 4 weeks ago, as a lonly minimag with no upgrades, have since added everything you see, Retro, 12v Revvy, Drop Forward, Gas thru (just for looks), AA Freak Kit, Hyperframe, and am looking very much to playing tommorow for the first time with a functional hyperframe, well, any comments are appreciated, any opinions on upgrades, or modifications, or anything... Let me know!

TIA,
Legion

nutz
02-07-2002, 10:02 PM
nice setup! welcome! :D

MAGS own YOU
02-08-2002, 05:10 AM
I like!

GallagherAtWar
02-08-2002, 06:07 AM
Damn thats nice!

to bad the hyperframe does allow stickys, because the blue ones would look great

RSUAVE911
02-08-2002, 06:49 AM
Let me first off say, Welcome To AO(Automags Online)...The gun looks really great, I like the way the blue matches throughout your whole setup. 4 weeks for all of that?

That is impressive. Good Luck!

legion
02-08-2002, 08:12 AM
Heh, yeah, i've been trying to figure out if i could get stickies and mod the inside to make them fit, i dont know (aside from the internals) if they're too short or what not... otherwise, the other big blemish the red electrical tape on the back is for a quick on off (i stuck a bit of plastic to the top of the depressed switch so i could easily turn it off... if you look closely, there is no saftey on the hyperframe, which is the first thing that I actually broke broke on this gun heh) otherwise, I'll probably be getting a blue tank cover, once i remember to order one when I have money... and am trying to figure out if anondized bodys are avaliable for the minimag as I like the body style, just not nescessarily the color... ;-)

Legion

TheTramp
02-08-2002, 03:25 PM
Good set-up. You should get the body powder coated "anodize blue." It'll look great w/ your other blue parts.

LaW
02-08-2002, 03:47 PM
See ya tonight ;)

beam
02-08-2002, 03:49 PM
Yer gonna need a bigger tank....that thing is gonna throw some major paint!!! :)

My safety broke on my hyperframe right away too! hmmm I had to send it to Centerflag to get it tuned...it was eating my bolt. Maybe they fixed the safety too while it was there.

I like your idea of the quick on/off too.

Nice setup though dude. :)

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
02-08-2002, 04:17 PM
Nice. Tell my how your hyper works. I have yet to send mine in. :(

Metzger
02-08-2002, 07:25 PM
hey guys i'm from wisconsin too... where do yall paintball.... ever go to apocolypse?

LaW
02-08-2002, 10:29 PM
We're from the milwaukee area, not really into driving to apocolypse myself so no i never go out that way.... btw legion!!! you totally lit me up, i hate you :) i counted 11 hits hehe bastard.

Paintchucker
02-09-2002, 12:11 AM
I had a setup with a hyperframe and a retro valve. I just upgraded to an Emag. I will let you know Sunday if the EMAG is really that much better than a mini with the retro/hyper upgrades. It was really sweet, and all I think I am really gaining is that I can shoot the emag in manual mode if my battery runs out. Good Luck with your new gun!!!

legion
02-09-2002, 01:15 AM
Hey law,

Heh, didnt mean to shoot you that much, still a little twitchy at times ;-) Seeing you come around the corner, and then animal... it was just crazy, 11 damn! I swear, the hyper doesnt shoot that fast!

Legion

legion
02-09-2002, 01:21 AM
In regards to the hyper, well, having the battery die at the beginning of the night sucked, but then again, having played with it all week and tinkered and ****, I deserved it, thank god it was prior to playing, then having it seize while firing hypermode after the night was done, kinda sucked, still dont know what is wrong, probably just needs the centerflag pin, I've been running retro pin at the moment because i didnt have an oring that sealed tightly with the centerflag pin... I will put in a new oring tonight/tommorow, and see how it works, most likely no problems. I am going to try to figure out a more elegant solution to the quick on/off, but it worked well tonight, only two misfires, one, when I had the barrel plug in, so no harm, the other shot a friend in the arm because I was stupid and in a little bit of pain after being hit square on in a knuckle... The only problem i had aside from whatever with my hyper was the solenoid was not positioned properly, moved it forward a little, and has been working quite beautifully since...

On the subject of powder coating, anyone have experience with K&P (??) powder coating? 25$ for 5 parts seems quite cheap, I'm assuming i can just send my body and they'll coat it and send it back? Also, any experience with coating the minimag standard body?

Thanks much!
Legion