PDA

View Full Version : My dumb mistake of the day!!!

sjrtk
06-07-2010, 04:54 PM
Ok, laugh at me. Rebuilt my classic RT, cleaned out all the gunk stripped it all the way down and put it back together. So i gas her up and nothing no trigger tension it will not fire, i scratch my head for five min cuss a little. Then i look in the table and see my dumb self forgot to PUT THE SEAR BACK IN! Put the sear in works fine. Me today -> :tard:

maniacmechanic
06-07-2010, 05:49 PM
well your 2nd one of the day is telling us :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

nerobro
06-07-2010, 05:54 PM
I have one better. Air up a classic mag with the on/off pin missing. at 12:30am... with your parents sleeping.

How about this one. Set the velocity real low. "think" you degassed the gun. Proceed to disassemble. Get so far as pulling the trigger frame off when the on/off pin decides to depart the valve.

It took me an hour to find it.

;-) This was also ten years ago now.

fishmishin
06-07-2010, 06:02 PM
Haha it's funny how fast those on/off pins come out of there isn't it ?

mpsd
06-07-2010, 06:40 PM
I always say that if it's that's easy to fix, then you couldn't ask for a "better" problem.

El Camino
06-07-2010, 08:53 PM
OK, I think I rank high on the dummy list with this, I was working on my CP 2K5 rail mount ASA sleeper, on the frame (frame off the rail), I was checking for leaks. I used a short piece of macro line with one end melted shut to block off the macro fitting, so I slapped on a little 13ci tank for air, turned on the air ......... "NO LEAKS"! (OK here's were it gets dumb) So with that I turned off the air, and proceeded to remove the macro line. My big fingers had a hard time pulling the collar back on the fitting, so I used a pair of pliers to work back the collar, while holding all this on my belly, about that time ....POW!!!.. the macro line went flying and hit me in my hand, under pressure (850 psi) WHAT THE H*#@! I turned off the air, but I didn't degas. Damn that hurts!!
DA award right here!!

VailSkibum
06-07-2010, 09:40 PM
How about this one. Set the velocity real low. "think" you degassed the gun. Proceed to disassemble. Get so far as pulling the trigger frame off when the on/off pin decides to depart the valve.

It took me an hour to find it.

;-) This was also ten years ago now.
I did almost the same thing with my new X-Valve. I popped the valve and the ULT flew out. :cuss:
However, I never did find the little bottom part of the pin for the ULT. :( :(

Wow, I almost feel better now that I got that off my chest... :tard:

fflamingmoe
06-07-2010, 10:22 PM
How about sitting there thinking no power?
Then to find out an hour later that i didn't put the trigger magnets back in ahaha. :tard:

ProblemKinder
06-08-2010, 02:27 AM
everytime I take a tippmann apart I forget to put something back in. every. single. time.

Runamok
06-08-2010, 05:49 AM
Me am a moron
I rebuild my classic valve
re assemble the mag
air it up and it won't work.
de gas gun disassemble and re check everything
re assemble and air it up again...still nothing
I'm about to take it apart again when I notice I've only got 500 psi in the tank.
put the gun down and walk away!! :tard:

FA22RaptorF22
06-08-2010, 07:52 AM
I rebuilt a valve for someone who said it was leaking....well, a lot.

Took it apart to find the reg seat ring missing...gee I wonder what that does :rofl:

I believe I had a funny once where I forgot to put anything in the power tube.
Lets just say...that failed.

kcombs9
06-08-2010, 08:22 AM
Put my lvl X in my minimag valve. air it up pulled trigger but it would only cuff. took it apart 3 times, switched on / off assembly. turns out I hadn't turned the velocity up to compensate for the lvl x... works fine.

TwilightG
06-08-2010, 08:24 AM
I almost made the mistake of testing the anti-chop of a lvl7 after reassembling my minimag.
(note: testing usually involves inserting my index finger into the breach)

... I have also made the missing-sear mistake too. Quite often actually :D

Temo Vryce
06-08-2010, 11:46 AM
A number of years ago a friend of mine ran a shooting booth at a local fair using VM68s. They were tied down and were running remote lines to C02 under the counter. At one point one of them had issues. So my friend walks around to the customer side of the counter and proceeds to remove the back screw/bolt to service the internals. After he said "Just as I got the bolt out I remembered about the tank on the remote line. Then the internals hit me in the gut." Fortunately my friend was a big guy at the time as I'm sure there was enough pressure to push the internals right through me.

sjrtk
06-08-2010, 05:38 PM
Nice to know I'm not the only one. :clap:

Ando
06-08-2010, 11:14 PM
I lost a Endo prototype Luke and I were working on...Twice.

My daughter has this thing about hiding stuff and me looking for it. It was a game we played when she was very...very young but the game in her eyes never stopped. I found it the first time in her doll house after a few days of searching. I set it down by the computer and PM'ed Luke "I found it!!!!". I got up to get my cloths out of the washer and came back to find she grabbed it again!!!! I been looking for it for almost 5-6 days now. This time it was in the crisper box in the fridge. It's going back to Luke tomorrow finally after almost 2 week of it being in limbo :rolleyes:

Damn I was pissed but so relieved now. :rofl:

StygShore
06-10-2010, 12:12 AM
I've done plenty of stupid things, but I will relay one a friend of mine did.

Friend of mine had an original Silver Invert Mini that was giving him some problems, so Kee swapped a bunch of parts at the Michigan Monster Game and gave him some extras in case he had any other issues.

Fast forward 7 days we are at our local field and his Mini is not working at all, pouring paint out the barrel, chopping, wont shoot over 20 ft. he is throwing a hissy fit that whatever Kee did screwed up his gun even more.

He calls me that night and says - hey do you think my gun would work better if I put the bolt in it? He had pulled out the bolt to inspect at the Monster game after 1/2 day of play to see if what Kee did fixed his issue with bolt scoring... dummy forgot to put the bolt and spring back in his gun when he reassembled it.

Styg