PDA

View Full Version : Brian Terry's SFL

AGD
02-07-2002, 11:29 PM
We had Brian's SFL in here to do the ACE upgrade and I took this pic of it for you all.

AGD

marc
02-07-2002, 11:52 PM
Thats sweet. it almost makes me want to buy an SFL instead of waiting for an Extreme

Load SM5
02-07-2002, 11:53 PM
Very slick, can't wait until you give me the go ahead to send mine to you.

Enjoy it Brian.

MrAirgunRT
02-08-2002, 06:54 AM
ooohhh yeaaahhh. i shot that gun some, i like it a lot, id get one if i had the money, i would have got blue, my RT luckily was blue, i dunno if it was fate or if brian knew i wanted blue, but back to the SFL, very nice gun

RSUAVE911
02-08-2002, 07:44 AM
gorgeous gun, but that drop just doesn't flow right, little to big and bulgy. I think its time for LOAD to finally get what he has so desperately been waiting for. ;)

Load SM5
02-08-2002, 07:49 AM
Yea!:D

Cliffio
02-08-2002, 01:04 PM
maybe this is just me but it doesnt look that nice imo
ok its got slight milling, and its red

other than that i dunno what the big fuss is all about

until i see some major milling or something of that nature u cant sell me on em

but thats just my opinion

and dont say that just because i own an angel, cause im thinkin about buyin an emag but its gonna have to do more for me than that one does

Cliff

Jar Jar
02-08-2002, 02:07 PM
ah yes, a true angel owner...appearance over performance...gotta love 'em

Cliffio
02-08-2002, 02:13 PM
haha jack @$$ what did i just say

and seeing as performance is the same, 300fps and they all hold the same amount of paint

you dont have to be a big @$$ about it
i was stating that i dont know what the big deal about it is

and with your 3 posts i would get to know some people around here before you start sayin stuff like that

AND seeing as its just an emag with ace, the price difference is for MILLING you fool

so done tell me about appearance over performance, its just an emag with milling

so before you jump on me about my post lets think about all that

headcase
02-08-2002, 02:13 PM
Personally I've decided I don't really like the SFL's either, I just don't like the style of milling.

But if compared to a full bodied extreme, they do take a lot of the metal off. That is just shocktechs style, take a lot of metal off, but leave it looking clean and simple.

I guess the big fuss is the cocker threads, removable breeches, ACE, and the aluminum body.

I know those are the parts I'm excited about, well that and the C+C milling.

Everyone has opinions, and the right to voice them.......I don't like the majority of angels, or the custom milling on most markers, and I've heard quite a bit how I'm stupid because if it. Whatever.

While I don't like the SFL's all that much, the extreme body is a huge step for the AGD line of markers, that is a big reason why the SFL's get alot of praise. Remember for 10 years or so Mags have looked basicly the same, tube with a grip frame. From those beginings the SFL looks much better.

I'm still holding out for either the C+C or Dave's C+C with the ACE, Manike's gripframe, and the warp breech.

Cliffio
02-08-2002, 02:15 PM
headcase- what are the removable breeches? center left and warp?

just wondering

headcase
02-08-2002, 02:22 PM
You've been around long enough.......figured you'd know. Anyway the ones planned are warp left, warp right, and vert. AGD is holding back the release of the extreme paritally because of a redesign of the breeches.

Johnny Bravo
02-08-2002, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Load SM5
Very slick, can't wait until you give me the go ahead to send mine to you.

Enjoy it Brian.

Ditto. :D

shartley
02-08-2002, 02:41 PM
I can understand both camps (the “like it” and the “don’t like it”) on the SFL issue.

I personally do not like the colored ones, but the Pewter is SWEET! It is just classy, smooth, and has understated elegance. I think that is what I like about it. But once you put the reds, blues, etc. on them, it detracts from the “feel” I get when looking at the Pewter ones.

There is also nothing wrong with super milled bodies either…. I have seen some Angels (and other heavily milled markers) that I thought were quite attractive, and others I thought were butttttttt ugly. That is the thing about cosmetic differences, they attract different folks… and for different reasons. Same holds true for people, vehicles, homes, etc….. to each their own, as long as they are happy with what they get/got/are getting, THAT is what matters.

As for what they are worth? Personally I think they are ALL overpriced. LOL But a large determining factor is what the buying public is willing to pay for it (of course you have to factor in simple production costs, but that is another issue)….. you can sell an old sneaker for $3,000,000 if you can find someone willing to pay that much for it. So would I say it was overpriced? Sure… but I bet the person who paid for it would argue the other way.

Jar Jar
02-10-2002, 12:44 AM
first off, i wasn't talking to you. secondly, about my nubmer of posts... it;s only because i'm to busy or tired to get on here most times. and how would i get to know the people on here? i'll never talk to any of them in person, and really i don't want to know most of them anyways(no offense everyone...that's a lot of people to know).

anyways, i was just joking around. no offense meant to you or anyone

AngelBoy
02-10-2002, 08:17 AM
I'm with shartley on this one. The pewter was sweet and simple, and this is too red. I think if the trigger was maybe a different color it would look better, 2 colors are always better than 1:)

RSUAVE911
02-10-2002, 08:36 AM
The guy spent 1500 dollars on the gun and I think it is pretty mean of us to put it down. Different strokes for different folks. I think we are all just a little jealous. :rolleyes:

brian terry
02-10-2002, 10:34 AM
im geting a new drop for it,and as for people puting it down ,i dont care, i prove what i say on the field not in here ,iv seen nice shooting angels and cockers and other guns ,its all in what you like and want,so see you all in the nppl ....////

I shot brian's gun yesterday. :D
Very nice

56kSomeGuy
02-13-2002, 03:49 PM
Nice looking gun!!!I want one!!

MajorDamage
02-13-2002, 05:05 PM
I think its sweeeeeeet! I love it! Its all like "I'm great, so take that you bagabond!" so "in your face"! It makes me go poopy on myself!

ENDO!

deweasel697
02-13-2002, 05:20 PM
That gun looks sweet, I think the red looks great, also.

speedballbanks
02-13-2002, 07:03 PM
i dont know if anyone else noticed this but in my eyes i see this one question are you on SPEED!!!!!!!!!!! lol
nice gun like the color not red not orange just right.

MikeCouves
02-13-2002, 08:36 PM
http://www.hystersisters.com/lisagraphics/smile01.gif

Hellllllllllllllllllo honey!

pumpamatic
02-13-2002, 09:23 PM
I'd have to agree with Cliffio on this one. There's just nothing that draws my eye to it. I don't have a problem spending 300 on a mag that may not be the best looking, but spending 5 times that I would. I don't want to spend my savings on a good gun that looks worse than some spyders I've seen. Anywho, I'm sure it speaks for itself on the field.

rpm07
02-13-2002, 10:19 PM
I think its a great looking gun.