PDA

View Full Version : Mags in Tourney's,or ReckPlay.''Stories

fflamingmoe
06-10-2010, 10:22 PM
I would like to hear the awesome stories that you have had with your Mags on the field.
Tell me what your most rememberable game was like.
It could be a 1 on 1 like i hade with a Cocker player last year that lasted over 15 minutes or anything that you wouldn't forget.
:cheers:

Fred
06-10-2010, 10:57 PM
One time, I took my mag to the field, and it was awesome.

Except that was every time I took my mag to the field.

pbjunky99
06-10-2010, 11:28 PM
I just got back into turny play this year. The first one I used my pnuemag, my team took 2nd. The one after that, I used a etek2, and we took 3rd. So the next one(next month) Im going back to the mag. But this time it will be a ep mag. Hopefully we will do rather well.

What I do love, is all the refs and players asking what gun I have. Then when I tell then they laugh at me, but it is short lived once I start playing. :D

fflamingmoe
06-10-2010, 11:34 PM
Yup i get the stare down all the time with what gun is that. :spit_take
http://i643.photobucket.com/albums/uu159/davey699/PICT0088.jpg

fishmishin
06-11-2010, 06:34 AM

Fricking crazy Canadian, lol.

I played a tourney with my mag last year, and I got questions all day long about what kind of gun I was using. Some of the guys knew what a mag was but not many of them considering that the average player was somewhere around 15-18 years old. I shot a few people off of the break, and some of the people couldn't believe it. Not sure why considering that the cap was 10.5 and I could pull 8 consistently with my mag.My favorite part was in the 4th game getting in a 1 on 1 with a guy shooting a brand new Luxe. I was at the 50 X and he was still at home, and he was just constantly shooting at me in ramp when I just snapped out and one balled him in the lens for the win. I had a great time even though we ended up placing like 7th or something. I went on to play one more tournament with those guys, and then separated ways with them. I have been looking for some other guys to play tourneys with but to no prevail, and I haven't really had the cash this year either.

Bigwooly1013
06-11-2010, 07:17 AM
maybe you're not getting the stare down because of the gun but more because you're canadian.

It's possible ..... i'm just sayin. :shooting:

The last time i took my mag to our local field i got the usual what kind of gun is that questions. By the end of the day there were a few of the regular kiddies w/their ego's and DM's that were asking me if my mag was for sale :wow:

I told them i wish to be buried with it.

fflamingmoe
06-11-2010, 12:48 PM
What i didn't uderstand is that usually Cocker players know what a Mag is.
I still don't know what happend in the show down because the guy ran and it was over.
I still don't know if he was out of paint or or just ran because i was laceing him full of paint.
I didn't make any ball brakes on him at all.
What i think it was,is that my snap-shooting over the top was too much.
The fight was maybe about 15 feet from each other.
And i just wanted say that i felt like Darth Vader in the fight. :spit_take

Stay tight and hold your formations. :shooting:

Watcher
06-11-2010, 02:57 PM
One time, I took my mag to the field, and it was awesome.

Except that was every time I took my mag to the field.

This.

Actually, my favorite thing is spools. I'll work the lower corners, 3/9 o'clock and lower, because of the warp feed. Nobody expects you to come out that low, always gets them off guard... even if I've gotten them out like that before!

I love the fact that the no hopper on top lets people overlook your barrel a lot. I've taken "tactical cover" (get behind something as best you can while aiming at the attacker) many times before and had people just plain ignore me!
One time in particular I was going into a pallate and someone saw me from my 2-3 o'clock. I duck down behind it but never drop my barrel or head down from over the top, and turn to face him.
He then looks to his 12 o'clock, stops shooting at me, and I "remind" him of my presence with a ball upside his head!

I know these are warp-feed stories, but what better warp platform than an Automag?

I also like the fact that when someone asks to see my gun I hold it out. When they grab it they nearly fall forward with the weight of it! Then they ask me how I am able to run with it, I say one foot in front of the other.
Later, when I run low on paint and switch to SC, I am literally the fastest player on the field :rofl:

fflamingmoe
06-11-2010, 03:07 PM
And has anyone tryed to walk slow with your head down thinking your hit then tag them?

Or have your shoe fall off and they still think your at the same bunker? :dance:

Those are some cool stories guy's.

Watcher
06-11-2010, 06:54 PM
And has anyone tryed to walk slow with your head down thinking your hit then tag them?

Or have your shoe fall off and they still think your at the same bunker? :dance:

Those are some cool stories guy's.

The first thing you menationed is called the "Dead man's walk" and will easily get you ejected from many fields... :nono:

And secondly, none of your stories are featuring an Automag...

fflamingmoe
06-11-2010, 09:45 PM
The first thing you menationed is called the "Dead man's walk" and will easily get you ejected from many fields... :nono:

And secondly, none of your stories are featuring an Automag...

A dead mans walk will not pull you from a game. :nono:
I play Pro as well,there is no rule for a dead mans walk if your not hit.
That's like saying your pods empty. :spit_take
I've been playing since 1996
If you give no Indication your hit and your walking slow it don't matter.
The ref has to call you out.
And yes i do shoot an E-mag.
That's all i shoot is a mag so are you telling me i lie?
It's people like you that assume too much.
You must be one of those suckers because the first thing you learn is i'm hit with hands up.
And the ref does his job to check at all times that is his job.

There are people that would say you cheated because you didn't have your gun high enough or too low enough when you take them out on the brake.
You must complain alot no? :cheers:

That's like jogging to the flag and no one tags you lol.
And a dead mans walk could also look like your jogging. :cheers:

DeuceSV
06-11-2010, 10:31 PM
I smell a storm a-brewin'

fflamingmoe
06-11-2010, 10:43 PM
Nah,I'm not like that,
I let people say what they want i won't stop them.
I'm a little too crazy too care about what people think of me.
If i ever cheated Bill would ban me for good.
He's been the father that started it all here and i wouldn't do that to him or the sport.
I don't think i could live with myself if i ever cheated.

I'm a good guy and would never trash anyone on here, and it's good to have a good talk about good and fair play.

But is the oldest trick in the book that is legal.
I'm not trying to mess with anyone or anything.

I'm an old timer and it's still legal to dead-walk.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSCDAR7k6p4

I saved the best for last. :spit_take
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwjteijGZFU&feature=related
Well 1-4-1 but oh well.
Still was funny though. :cheers:
No this one is the best .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8jKAa4fOnM

bound for glory
06-12-2010, 01:43 AM
i had the 3rd mag in new jersey. when i went to play at paintballers guild in pa. it was an eye opener, to say the least ;)
see, those guys were shooting illistraters and the first tippman semi(i can't for the life of me remember the name...i remember dave artler from pursuit paintball made the tip and strip mode for it...well) and the owner of the encounter, mark kilpinski did everything he could to sell me a illisrater. well, i took a chance, sold my grey ghost(miss that gun) and paid $425 for my mag.
anyway, i made the mags point at the target range. walked up, filled my hopper(old view loader) and blew through it. just blasted it as fast as i could. people were like :wow:
see they did'nt notice a very quite hiss coming down my barrel. i did. so i left them there with there eyes agog :wow: and went to my car and changer out a very cold power tube o ring ;)
got alot of kills that day. i remember unloading on a guy from the scum dogs. he had a pmi 3 if i remember right.
oh, to have those days back :cry:

fflamingmoe
06-12-2010, 09:42 AM
Well looks like the game i'm playing is go for tomorrow.
Looks like it will be a game of slip and side haha.
It's pretty wet here with lots of rain. :dance:

Watcher
06-12-2010, 12:19 PM
A dead mans walk will not pull you from a game. :nono:
I play Pro as well,there is no rule for a dead mans walk if your not hit.
That's like saying your pods empty. :spit_take
I've been playing since 1996
If you give no Indication your hit and your walking slow it don't matter.
The ref has to call you out.
And yes i do shoot an E-mag.
That's all i shoot is a mag so are you telling me i lie?
It's people like you that assume too much.
You must be one of those suckers because the first thing you learn is i'm hit with hands up.
And the ref does his job to check at all times that is his job.

There are people that would say you cheated because you didn't have your gun high enough or too low enough when you take them out on the brake.
You must complain alot no? :cheers:

That's like jogging to the flag and no one tags you lol.
And a dead mans walk could also look like your jogging. :cheers:

At every field I go to, it is in the rules that if you act as an eliminated player, you are an eliminated player. If you walk past a bunch of players walking all sluggish with your head down, then turn and light them up, the ref will immediately call you out, put those you shot back in, and punch your card. 2 punches is ejection from the field without refund.
If you are acting as a dead player, it is an indication that I don't shoot you. Doing the dead man's walk isn't only dishonorable, it is dangerous. Enough people do it and every time a player is eliminated they get lit up. Yes, a ref is supposed to call you out, but a ref is not all seeing and all knowing. It is up to us as players in the game to be respectful of the rules, and play honorably.

Secondly, you said in the OP you'd like to hear "awesome stories that you have had with your Mags on the field". How was I supposed to know all you shoot is an E-mag, and none of your stories in the particular post I quoted are 'Mag specific. You could just as easily done a dead man's walk with a Spyder...

I assume too much? If you hardly give any information at all, what else am I supposed to do rather than draw conclusions?

I never once called you a liar, you assume too much about me.

You said I "must be one of those suckers because the first thing you learn is i'm hit with hands up". The first thing I learned is masks on, second was barrel socks on, third was when eliminated hands up if you are out. These three things are the biggest factors in safety known to the game (excepting <300FPS), and I follow them to the letter.

Just because you've been playing longer than me does not make you a better or more respectful or more knowledgeable player. I'm not saying that I am better, more respectful, or more knowledgeable than you are, but seeing how you reacted to a simple comment by me I can already tell that you are the kind of person who is always right, I am wrong, and if you ever came to play at my fields you'd be on the bad side of the staff in no time...

I never wanted to start an arguement, but it seems like you did...

mustangii
06-12-2010, 01:12 PM
I haven't got to play much this year since the local field closed down last Aug. I played with a group of guys from Whiteman AFB. There was a young airman that had the newest Angel at the time with all the bells and whisles. I'm there with a minimag and a RT pro. During play his marker would go down and He would moan about it. Asked him if he could fix it. His answer "nope have to take it in to get it worked on." Then procided to ask me where I took mine to get them worked on. Told him that I built them so I work on them myself. Should have seen his face, priceless.

edm

gunman_2000
06-13-2010, 12:58 PM
finally got to show one of my bosses kids at the field my mag. He likes it, and would love to take it to play one of is CXBL games (or MXL, i keep forgetting which league he's in right now). I'm contemplating letting him sometime, pretty sure he would get a few funny looks, warped and everything :)

I would share some other stories, but, since I've gotten it working and tuned, I haven't had any money to feed the beast :(

Mole1119
06-13-2010, 03:02 PM
I was playing woodsball with my powerfeed mag and running low on paint.

I just turned my powerfeed plug to cut off the ball flow and started dryfiring air. The other guy noticed and just stood up and started walking toward me, i turned the plug back and put two in his chest.

fflamingmoe
06-13-2010, 04:48 PM
I was shooting a 68 Automag today.

Rudz
06-13-2010, 05:47 PM
This one time I had a couple e/x mags, and this guy made xmod software, and me and my friends, like destroyed a buncha people who realized that those auotmag guys weren't just some walk on rec players.....

We made " tourney" players not want to play us, in vehas we raped a team, and after one game they decided to never play us again, at the local speedball arenas, the regulars never played us, cuz I think we was kinda agressive

Yeah mags are so kewl

Lol

bob87
06-13-2010, 06:32 PM
My story takes place about eight years ago. I was playing a woodsball game with my classic PF mag. It was nearing the end of the game and there was only myself and one other opponent left. My paint was running low with just under a hopper left. I was in a well hidden bunker at the top of a hill when I saw my opponent run behind a smaller bunker about 75 ft away. I decided to try and bunker him by running up the less popular right side. About 20 ft into my sprint down-field, I slip on a patch of wet grass, falling flat on my back and dropping my mag. The hopper bust open spilling the last of my paint on the grass. I quickly roll behind a small tree that prevented the copious amount of paint my opponent was now firing in my direction from hitting me. I was using a remote and used the 3 ft line to pull my mag back to me without giving up the cover I had found. The 45 degree elbow had broken in half leaving me without a hopper and only three paintballs in the powerfeed tube. With no hopper I was able to lean out the right side of the tree without being detected, I line my shot up with my opponent who is still unleashing a storm of paintballs in the area that I had fallen. I take the shot unloading the last three paintballs and watch to see the result. the first ball went left but the last two hit my opponent directly in the mask, winning the game for my team.

punkncat
06-13-2010, 08:27 PM
99.98% of the time people asked what kind of Ion/Shocker it was. It was very, very few times outside of an AO event that anyone even knew what a mag was...."oh that is some old gun isn't it?"...lol, then I shot them with it.

Or perhaps the alternate, alternate ending....

I was once playing at the field that was at the very edge of civilization. The woods around had claimed more than one life, the list of missing individuals that had ventured too far into them much to large to recount. I was being chased deep into the woods by a group of electro noobs, seekeing a good place to set them up and ambush them, when I realized that I had lost them. It wasn't long after that I realized that I was now among those on that fabled list, completely lost, devoid of hope.....or was I? I DID have my mag with me, and that was a start. I realized rather quickly that I would need a fire, to find some food, and make shelter. First, I used the dazzling finish to reflect sunlight onto some dry tinder in a clearing and before I knew it, I had created a fire.
The legendary ruggedness then came in handy as I used it as an axe and chopped down some trees and created myself a cabin, right at the edge of the clearing there. Right after that, I treked a short way into the woods and shot an elk with the RT ability I had due to an adjustable reg running at 1300PSI. The animal fell over from the sheer fear of it. I proceeded to field strip the Elk with the Mag using the foregrip rail as a knife. It turned out later to be excellent for use as a razor to shave with as well, and kept me from looking like Grizzly Adams. After about a week there was a helicopter flying overhead, part of a search party sent out to find me. I used the magical ability of the mag to shoot farther than any other marker, and hit the windshield of the copter, its accuracy allowing me to write out detailed landmarks and directions to my location. I was SAVED, and it was all because of my Automag.
:argh:

fflamingmoe
06-15-2010, 04:54 PM
Well this past Sunday i had a nasty dive and lost 3 pods of paint.
This field is called Angel field and is very nasty for tree stumps.
After that i had to turn my pods with the lids facing up because i had broke my lids. :headbang:

Then i ran out of paint and took 3 point blank hits to my neck and chast after he said mercey and bunkerd me. :cry:

The rest of the day was all hopper hits from Invert Mini's.

Sumthinwicked
06-15-2010, 04:59 PM
micromag air valve single trig stock barre6in in touries last year pulled 4th place 1st games we had played together as a team :P i even shot a ref with a 4 round spred when it was 3v1 but he didnt mind he was running down the other side of the field d side when i was in the snake he said he was moving like the other team to judge it and said with a mech marker that was amazing LOL i was also called a cheater for shooting faster than 10.5 with my benchy single trig i laughed and asked the head ref want me to shoot slower hes like na screw the whiney kids u cant ramp like they think u were doing u have no batts so ur legal LOL wheres that damn ar frame when i need it

fflamingmoe
06-15-2010, 05:07 PM
Yup even without a ULE on a classic is very possible because i've been called too but if your only shooting semi what can they do.

Loneassassin
06-15-2010, 05:36 PM
Well, I've only had a Mag for about 2 months now, so I don't have a lot of history to draw from with that gun, but here's a pretty good one:

My Mag is an RT ULE w/ X-valve, Lvl 10, and ULT (now pneumag'd :shooting: ), with a Prophecy up top.

Anyway, one of the first days I played with it was at my favorite woodsball field, which has lots of huge boulders (think car and house-sized boulders), and lots of large trees with very little undergrowth.

Off the break of one game I ran up the tape line to about the "50" of the field, to this long band of rock about 5' tall. Just as I approached the rock, I noticed a horde of about 12 other players approaching from the other end, about 100 feet away. None of them had seen me yet. So I just opened up as fast as the ULT would let me and lobbed them over the band of rocks. Some players spilled out around the boulders to try to find cover in some nearby trees, but they met their demise to my blazing Mag :shooting: :headbang: :shooting:

All told, approximately 10 players walked off the field from that brief bout of shooting. I think probably 30 seconds elapsed from my first shot till I saw the bunch of players walking out. Nothing like a good, clean massacre to make for an excellent day of paintball!!!

Then I was shot in the back of the head by one of my own teamates... :rofl:

bbotts77
06-15-2010, 06:05 PM
One of my first times out with my mag two years ago, a few players were making fun of me for running a Halo B on a mech marker. They weren't making fun of me after the first set of games.

There are a few things that really make me smile at the paintball parks. One is when a newer player asks me what kind of new marker I'm using or when they stare in awe as I pull the valve/bolt assembly out with just a single thumb screw. Another thing that makes me smile is when an older player says "Nice mag."

fflamingmoe
06-15-2010, 08:47 PM
I brought my E-mags with me but there was too many new players.
They had some pretty sweet Inverts and Ions though for first time players.
My buddy Andre decided to bring his Invert Mini as well, what a traitor. :rofl:

kwood
06-15-2010, 09:26 PM
let me just say i have thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread!
thanks to everyone who has added their fun tails of glory :cheers:
i cant remember most of my old wonderful tails but i will say how i loved the first time i through a brand new RT valve in my mini mag!!!
back then it was the coolest thing ever!!!
i was sportin' an Air America Apocalypse tank
and the whole 88 cubic inches of it sat completely under the marker!!!
it was awesome....and extremely heavy for my little early teen arms but i managed
i always loved that mag and would love to rebuild her one day
until then, ill keep shooting my newer mag with a smile on my face
thanks AGD

Loneassassin
06-15-2010, 10:12 PM
[QUOTE=bbotts77]One of my first times out with my mag two years ago, a few players were making fun of me for running a Halo B on a mech marker. They weren't making fun of me after the first set of games.
QUOTE]

Haha. I actually haven't gotten too many comments on mine yet - I think it's because unless you really look at it close, it looks like a modern, albeit very sexy speedball gun. Little do they know that it is in fact fully mechanical, and needs a force feed loader to feed it adequately... :cheers:

However, I've always run force-feed loaders on my mech cockers as well. They've all been capable of shooting just every so slightly faster than a Revvy can feed reliably.

PAINTHEY
06-16-2010, 10:23 AM
Haha. I actually haven't gotten too many comments on mine yet - I think it's because unless you really look at it close, it looks like a modern, albeit very sexy speedball gun. Little do they know that it is in fact fully mechanical, and needs a force feed loader to feed it adequately... :cheers:

Same here. All the popular kids chat about how fast there o9’s/o10’s can shot and see little else. Walk on with an x-valve in a classic body, rip off some ropes and it will turn heads. My Y-frame is something else that gets looks.

leloup
06-16-2010, 10:45 AM
Yeah a Y frame would definitely turn heads. My warp did last I went. Had to explain what it was half a dozen times. But, my phantom is the same way. Kids these days....