PDA

View Full Version : RT Rail grip issue

iridehyperlite07
06-11-2010, 12:35 PM
I just "finished" putting my mag together and did some milling on my front asa. I bought an RT rail and did not want to use the mounts that come with the RT markers for the front grip. I drilled a hole through the rail that allowed me to mount the 68 mag asa on the front but I had to grind down the wings that it had which were designed to make it now spin on the classic rail. My problem is that now the bolt loosens and causes the asa to spin after screwing my palmer's stabilizer into it. I don't want this to happen (duh), but don't really know how to remedy the problem. I thought about putting a rubber washer on it to give it more grip against the rail, but I would like more of a permanent fix. Was also considering molding a bracket that would allow me to mount it with two screws instead of one. Any ideas?

OPBN
06-11-2010, 01:25 PM
They make vertical ASA's for AM/MM rails and one for RT/Emag rails. You need the latter. They have two holes to keep the ASA from spinning.

Saleenlmz
06-11-2010, 02:01 PM
If you drill a small hole not very deep into the rail and asa then place a pin in it. That would stop it rotating. If you drill the pin in the location of the regular two srews then if you don't like it you could always tap it to create a two screw asa. Otherwise just purchase the other type of asa and you'll be good to go.

iridehyperlite07
06-11-2010, 05:56 PM
The reason I am trying to figure it out like this is because I don't want to spend another 15 bucks for a new ASA right now. AND, the RT asa's are designed to fit on that silver rail mount that I don't have and don't want to use. There are not two wholes in the RT rail, it is just designed to go on the under-mount piece. I will try the pin thing. Maybe I could use a sear pin so it would be sturdy.

OPBN
06-11-2010, 07:03 PM
Some of the older RT rails were not predrilled out to directly accept the RT Pro ASA, but you can just drill two holes in it.

Saleenlmz
06-11-2010, 07:06 PM
I wouldn't ruin a sear pin for this. Almost anything metal should work, as it's just to prevent rotation and doesn't need to be study. Even a cut down nail (finishing nail) would work, as it's only in shear and would be strong enough.