PDA

View Full Version : Tippmann Now In The Pepper Spray Business ?

going_home
06-11-2010, 04:46 PM
http://www.hotshotprotect.com

http://www.facebook.com/HotShotProtect

As part of our long-standing partnership with PepperBall Technologies, a leading supplier to law enforcement agencies, Tippmann is pleased to offer and distribute a new product in the personal protection category.

PepperBall Technologies, Inc. (PTI) the makers of the new HotShot Personal Protection System was originally formed in 1996 as an engineering project group of Jaycor, a defense contractor for over 30 years. Tippmann is pleased to be an offical distributor of the HotShot Defense System.

The patent-pending HotShot™ system is a compact, powerful, safe and effective self-defense product that blasts about 5 grams of HOT pepper powder onto your attacker. HotShot™ is the only self-defense product available today that creates an instant barrier between you and your attacker.

Weighing a mere 3.4 ounces, the lightweight and compact HotShot™ can easily be carried in a pocket, purse, backback or car glove compartment. PepperBall has been trusted by law enforcement agencies since 1999. Visit PepperBall.com for more company information.
Products:
HotShot™ Self Defense System
Replacement Cartridges
- Hot Red PAVA
- Blue Disposable Practice Cartridges

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs552.ash1/32187_123471081021899_116851571683850_122181_37594 71_n.jpg

I dont know.
I guess who ever they are selling pepperball products to would maybe be interested in this ?
I got this in an email from Tippmann.

Just struck me as a bit strange for some reason.

:ninja:

BenoitOWN
06-11-2010, 09:16 PM
Been a while pepperball have tippmann marker.

bound for glory
06-12-2010, 12:10 AM
what makes me laugh my *** off is dog the bounty hunter and team carry tippmans with pepper balls(i assume the balls are pepper). that idiot carries the marker like its a real gun lol.
like to see him and that shipwreck of a wife try to catch a perp in nework or camden new jersey ;) he'd get beaten to the ground :rofl:

mpsd
06-12-2010, 09:09 AM
I don't know much about these pepper spray systems but would it be safe to use at someone armed with a gun? Would it really make the person "fall"?

I'm asking that because I was robbed by a boy with a pistol a couple of years ago so I was thinking about having one of these in my car. And what about a Taser?

DoubleDutch
06-12-2010, 09:42 AM
I would not use pepper spray or a tazer on someone who has a gun pointed at you, it would not be incapacitating enough, and it might cause them to spazm and shoot you where you might just have gotten away with a stolen wallet. It's just money, not worth your life. I say give in unless you think your life is in imminent danger, in that case use deadly force, or anything else you might have. But I guess that depends on the gun laws in Brazil if you can carry a gun yourself.

Now you got me worried about my upcoming trip to Brazil. I guess I'll just go between the hotel and the plant and not try to explore.

mpsd
06-12-2010, 10:06 AM
I would not use pepper spray or a tazer on someone who has a gun pointed at you, it would not be incapacitating enough, and it might cause them to spazm and shoot you where you might just have gotten away with a stolen wallet. It's just money, not worth your life. I say give in unless you think your life is in imminent danger, in that case use deadly force, or anything else you might have. But I guess that depends on the gun laws in Brazil if you can carry a gun yourself.

Now you got me worried about my upcoming trip to Brazil. I guess I'll just go between the hotel and the plant and not try to explore.

LOL, don't get that worried. It's not something that happens every day, at least here where I live (one of the best neighborhoods in Sao Paulo). If you're going to Rio, though, you should be more carefull. Anyways, enjoy your trip. Brazil has some of the best restaurants in the world and there are a lot of thing to see, even if you are working.

When are you comming and where are you going to stay? Maybe I can give you some hints, so LMK.

Now, getting back to the thread's point, the kid had the gun at his waist, he only showed it to me and that was scary enough as it was the first and only time in my life that this happened (I'm 32). Of course I agree with you and that's exactly what I did: handed him my wallet and watch. The whole thing lasted for only 10 seconds or so. Regarding the local laws, you can't carry a weapon, unless it's something need for your work (security, law enforcement or some people who may have to defend themselves like judges, DA officers or politicians). This is a new law, from 2007 IIRC that prohibits guns and mil sims. The calibers are very, very restricted though and have always been. The only calibers allowed for civilians are 22, 25, 32, 38 and 380. No 9mm, no 40, no 45, no 357, no 50, no automatics nor several guns like M4, M16, AKs etc. These types of guns and calibers are only allowed for the army and police. And drug dealers LOL

DoubleDutch
06-12-2010, 10:50 AM
I am going to São José dos Campos to visit Embraer, leaving here June 27th, coming back July 2nd. The whole trip will be hosted by our local colleagues, so I don't expect to have to make too many decisions on my own. They will arrange for a taxi to take me from the airport to the plant/hotel (2 hours I think) when we land, and be babysitters the whole week we are there. I am looking forward to the food, recommendations are welcome. The only Brazilian food I know are those all-you-can-eat Brazilian steakhouses in the US, I don't know how authentic those are. Do you need me to bring you some Mag parts :) ?

And to make this post somewhat on-topic... when I saw it, at first I thought it was like a Goblin launcher with a pepperball loaded inside it. But it looks like a CO2 powered blast of pepper powder. Any experience/opinion as to if they are more effective than regular pepperspray? In case my wife wants one.

Mongoose
06-12-2010, 11:32 AM
haha...looks like we need to come out with our own Venom pepper spray :D

i have pepper sprayed myself before........i couldnt see anything let alone try to shoot at someone

mpsd
06-12-2010, 11:34 AM
I am going to São José dos Campos to visit Embraer, leaving here June 27th, coming back July 2nd. The whole trip will be hosted by our local colleagues, so I don't expect to have to make too many decisions on my own. They will arrange for a taxi to take me from the airport to the plant/hotel (2 hours I think) when we land, and be babysitters the whole week we are there. I am looking forward to the food, recommendations are welcome. The only Brazilian food I know are those all-you-can-eat Brazilian steakhouses in the US, I don't know how authentic those are. Do you need me to bring you some Mag parts :) ?

And to make this post somewhat on-topic... when I saw it, at first I thought it was like a Goblin launcher with a pepperball loaded inside it. But it looks like a CO2 powered blast of pepper powder. Any experience/opinion as to if they are more effective than regular pepperspray? In case my wife wants one.

I used to have an office in Sao Jose dos Campos as well. From the airport, it'll probably take 40 minutes to 1 hour, depending on traffic. I don't know too many restaurants in that city as I used to drive back and forth every time I had to go there (it's about 1 hour and a half from my apartment) but I would suggest you to ask them to take you to a steakhouse (they are pretty much like the ones you have seen in the US - lots and lots of meat and a beautifull salad buffet - ask for Picanha com Alho LOL you'll like it). Also try going to a good pizzaria and a japanese restaurant that has all you can eat service. I've never seen a japanese restaurant in US like the ones we have here. And, of course, if you get a chance, prove some brazilian feijoada. It's a typical plate that I don't eat (I'm jewish so I don't eat pork) but I do know americans love it. And drink some caipirinhas but make sure the ones you drink are made with pinga (AKA cachaça), not vodka. Ask for a golden pinga.

Thanks on the offer for bringing some Mag parts. Right now I don't need anything, unless you have an used X valve you could bring along and sell me.

DoubleDutch
06-12-2010, 03:19 PM
Sorry, no X-Valve at this time. Thanks for the info, I look forward to the trip. Never been in Brazil before.

StygShore
06-14-2010, 02:48 PM
hmmm compressed "gas" pepper powder...hot vehicle glovebox.... yeah no thank you.

Imagine if that went off when you were going down the road?

Styg

VailSkibum
06-14-2010, 04:00 PM
I live in serious bear county, and often cross paths with bears while out camping, or catch them late at night trashing the garbage cans. They are pretty scarey up close!
A few pepperballs would surely make a bear think twice about hitting my garbage up again, or pillaging another campsite.
They look REALLY expensive. About $1.25 a ball. I saw a bucket w/ 3000 rds. for $4500.00
For the record, I have never :shooting: at a bear with paintballs. I'm pretty sure that it would just make him :mad: :mad: :mad: Not a good thing.

P.S. I laugh a Dog all the time. Someone should send him a nice RT. Also, it looked like the IDF had Tippy's when they boarded that flotilla.

Destructo6
06-15-2010, 08:16 PM
I've been pepper sprayed and pepper balled. It's not something that is instantly incapacitating. You can continue to fight fully for several seconds and fight blind for a very long time. Also, not everyone is fully affected by the pepper.

Taser, on the other hand. You're instantly done.