PDA

View Full Version : Removing Trigger Pin on a Micro Emag

audioSLAVE
06-14-2010, 06:16 PM
Was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as how to remove the trigger pin on a PTP Micro E-mag. I want to take off the original trigger and replace it with a Tunablade. I've read other posts here about similar issues but am still having no luck removing it and don't want to damage the marker.

I've tried a nail set with a rubber mallet on the passenger side but can't get it to budge and am really hesitant about really wailing away on it. At this point thinking about ordering the spring-loaded center punch or even emailing Tuna to see if that is something he would do (don't want to mess up the bearing either). Wasn't sure if there was something specific I am not doing like safety on/off or for some reason mode selector set a certain way, etc. Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Tunaman
06-14-2010, 07:20 PM
You can't use a rubber mallet. It must be a hard, swift hit with a punch from right to left. If you go the wrong way it will never come out. If you cant get it out send it here and I'll press it out for you. In fact, if you are installing the Tunablade by hitting the pin in you will surely wreck the bearing. Send it here and I'll put it in for you.

audioSLAVE
06-14-2010, 08:16 PM
Thank you, I'll shoot you a PM or email.

BlackOps
06-19-2010, 08:43 PM
If you haven't already sent it to Tuna.

When I was pulling the trigger from my frame, I used a drill press and put a short piece of metal coat hanger in the drill and just used that to press the pin out. If you got one available you can give that a try.

audioSLAVE
06-25-2010, 07:41 AM
If you haven't already sent it to Tuna.

When I was pulling the trigger from my frame, I used a drill press and put a short piece of metal coat hanger in the drill and just used that to press the pin out. If you got one available you can give that a try.
Thanks man, my father has one, I'll keep that in mind. I ordered a center punch and might try that first.