PDA

View Full Version : Let me step on my soap box

M98Punk
06-16-2010, 10:18 AM
It should be a rule NO a law that no gun can have the "Nasty" prefix unless it is a double barreled beast. I was browsing the BST when I saw a Nasty shocker and expected a doubled downed shoebox of old school glory :shooting: and was deeply disapoint at what I saw. :mad:

*Steps off soap box*

leloup
06-16-2010, 10:37 AM
I agree. That is what I expect when I see Nasty or Duce (or the word "double"). Got suckered into a post like that the other day.

Frizzle Fry
06-16-2010, 11:07 AM
Most forums worth posting on and safe to buy from DO NOT allow "NASTY" / "SICK" / "AWESOME" or any '~:-:+:$$$PAINTBALL_MARKER$$$:+:-:~' style writing in titles.

It bugs me too.

kwik175
06-16-2010, 11:12 AM
The term " Nasty" associated with that Shocker post is what the name of the gun was when Produced from Smart Parts. They had several private label bodies available for special order. The milling on the Nasty was different from the Octane and Dynasty Shockers. Shocker fans such as myself will pay morew for this.

Frizzle Fry
06-16-2010, 11:22 AM
Falls in the same vane as Azodin making a "KP"... A few other companies have done it too. You'll notice that Matrix private labels and Angel private labels were careful about offending peoples liberties and using the names of markers that already exist, unless they're doing it for the company in question. There have to be a thousand other names out there. Pick one.

"Nasty" has long been Palmers Pursuit Shops name for a double barreled marker. Granted, since Craig has been in charge I could care less.

wimag
06-16-2010, 12:04 PM
i kick the box out from beneath you for not knowing what a nasty shocker is

Frizzle Fry
06-16-2010, 12:16 PM
Wasn't it just an SFT that came stock with a clamping feedneck, had different milling and shabbier anodizing, and had a stock board flashed to be 5bps faster(not field legal anywhere)? It's one thing to reduce weight, but that thing was actually heavier. Not to mention the SP marketing gimmick of "fatter triggers are faster".

I shot an '03 Strange SFT purely because I wanted a private label marker with anodizing that didn't literally flake off. It still wore down on all the edges and went from "apple" to "tomato" red. Either way I sold the Strange for $225 recently and I've seen Nastys going about the same.

M98Punk
06-16-2010, 02:38 PM
Why the F would I want to know anything about new(er) Shockers? If I'm going to fill my mind with wasteful knowledge about insignificant and inferior things I would watch SPAN.

(and you can't kick it out from under me I already stepped off it :dance: )

ProblemKinder
06-22-2010, 01:41 AM
Why the F would I want to know anything about new(er) Shockers? If I'm going to fill my mind with wasteful knowledge about insignificant and inferior things I would watch SPAN.

(and you can't kick it out from under me I already stepped off it :dance: )

I could pick it up and smash it over your head! :mad:

but I won't, because I loved your post :cheers:

BigEvil
06-22-2010, 07:55 AM
Wasn't it just an SFT that came stock with a clamping feedneck, had different milling and shabbier anodizing, and had a stock board flashed to be 5bps faster(not field legal anywhere)? It's one thing to reduce weight, but that thing was actually heavier. Not to mention the SP marketing gimmick of "fatter triggers are faster".

I shot an '03 Strange SFT purely because I wanted a private label marker with anodizing that didn't literally flake off. It still wore down on all the edges and went from "apple" to "tomato" red. Either way I sold the Strange for $225 recently and I've seen Nastys going about the same.

I believe it was Doc Nickel who called the aluminum used in the shocker bodies as "Velvetta grade metal" :D I feel your pain, my Hybrid Shocker has the same issue on the body. I believe they used 5k series aluminum on those things.

M98Punk
07-03-2010, 11:46 PM
I vaguely remember him making that quote.... it's that siberia weather makes you blunt and ornery.... and hilarious