PDA

View Full Version : A question about Mag frames.

momags!
02-08-2002, 07:21 AM
I have a buddy who is thinking of buying my old mini-mag and had some questions regarding what type of grip/frames he could throw on it. He wants to eliminate the short-stroke problem with an electronic frame. Do the Z-grips come in electro mode? Also, in the future, should he ever decide to try the tourney scene, what grips are legal and which are not? Any help would be appreciated.

TheTramp
02-08-2002, 10:58 AM
Right now the only e-grips avalible for the Mag are the Mako and the Hyperframe. There are pros and cons for each. If you do a search on either of those you'll find a bunch of threads about them.

There is no E-Z-Grip. Personaly, I'd get a Retro valve and Intelliframe before getting the e-grip.

kickass68mag
02-08-2002, 02:45 PM
i would get the retro beofre the electro to becuae the retro is more reliable, and also the rt valve and the intelli frame will prolly cost the same as a hyper frame

LaW
02-08-2002, 03:50 PM
I wouldn't call short-stroking a problem :) it is user error, and can be eliminated by a lot of practice getting used to the trigger :)

personman
02-08-2002, 04:08 PM
I got used to not short stroking my mag in about 100 rounds. I still do it occaisionally, but its easy to learn how to not short stroke.

rhetor22
02-08-2002, 04:19 PM
i got used to not short stroking my mag before i even shot it. I don't understand the concept of short stroking. I can't do it. Maybe my finger is just too slow. Grrr.... I actually WANT to short stroke!!!

AGD-Acolyte
02-08-2002, 04:33 PM
I can't say what electronic frame is best because I haven't shot any of them. However if your friend is considering going for the intelliframe + retrovalve option that has been recommended, he is welcome to play a few games with my RT, which has an intelliframe, to see if he likes the feel.