Bunker Buster
06-17-2010, 09:15 PM
Saw this at ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320550262579

Is it easy to install this frame?

Like the idea

reckid1986
06-17-2010, 09:32 PM
its a bolt on frame. I believe all you have to do is remove the trigger rod off the sear, and i think you would need to run a ULT with it.

xero28
06-18-2010, 11:02 AM
I'm not super familiar with that frame and exactly how it works, but i'm pretty sure it isn't Electro-Pneumatic, it's simply electro. As far as I know, there is a pancake solenoid in there that hits the sear to fire the gun. In an Electro-Pneumatic (EP), there is a low pressure regulator that supplies air to a piston. The piston hits the sear when the trigger is pulled, hence the pneumatics. Basically a PneuMag with an electronic trigger frame.

I'm sure that frame would be pretty simple. Looks like just a straight bolt on. Like it's been said, you might need to use a ULT.

DevilMan
06-18-2010, 11:31 AM
Yes and no... At least how I see it. For 1 it says that it "makes" the automag EP... which it would. E trigger, P valve. So it would make it EP in the whole thing. As for your question though it should be a straight bolt on. And if you do a search on here for BooYah frames you'll find more info.

Of course at that price it'll be gone super fast because I know some folks here want/collect em.

DM

DevilMan
06-18-2010, 11:33 AM
Oh and someone had a BooYah frame trigger guard for sale here not too long ago. It's a bolt on piece that you can find sometimes.

And I don't think a ULT is required. It may help, but I think it'll run with a classic valve/on/off just fine.

DM

Frizzle Fry
06-18-2010, 12:46 PM
Basically a "spydermag" style frame; a clapper noid that directly hits the bottom off the sear. A cheap, less functional clone of the Hyperframe.

They work OK when kept tuned (mine never needed a ULT, but was on a Micro) but can be finicky and tend to eat batteries.

They're "electropneumatic" in the sense that any paintball marker that's electronic and shoots paint is electropneumatic, but it doesn't have an electronic 3-way or ram assembly like an "EP frame" for an Automag... EP means a different thing to 'maggers.