PDA

View Full Version : rock lpr sleeper?

damajor
06-17-2010, 11:50 PM
Has anyone used a rock lpr for a sleeper in a cheater/chimera setup? I had to replace my tickler with another one off my cocker...I think the reg seat was crap and I couldn't replace it. Anyways, it sounds like the rock can be used with lower pressures to operate the cheater, and tolerate higher input pressures, compared to that of the tickler.... so...any luck anyone?

Spider-TW
06-18-2010, 09:47 AM
Has anyone used a rock lpr for a sleeper in a cheater/chimera setup?
That's a well stated question.

I have not, but a cheater would be a definite advantage to stuffing a rock in that frame.

I will say that I replaced my tickler with a micro-rock (on a pneu/ep mag) and found the performance much better. I would have to run the tickler at about twice the pressure of the rock to get the same response. It worked like that, but you lose faith in the reg.

damajor
08-09-2010, 12:15 PM
I finally picked up a micro rock and fit it in my chimera frame no problem...shoots nice :headbang:

Loneassassin
08-09-2010, 09:27 PM
I will say that I replaced my tickler with a micro-rock (on a pneu/ep mag) and found the performance much better. I would have to run the tickler at about twice the pressure of the rock to get the same response. It worked like that, but you lose faith in the reg.

I don't doubt that a bit. I have to run my Tickler all the way up if my tank is full. Otherwise, it just won't work at all. They can't handle the high input pressures, and require a higher pressure than a normal lpr to do the same job, because of having such a low volume. I can't wait to get a different one for my mag.

Do you notice a difference in the trigger feel with your micro-rock? Mine is not bad by any means, but with a ULT it should be feather light.

damajor
08-10-2010, 01:05 AM
No the pull feels the same... but I'm not using a ULT, just a RT on/off with my retro valve. If using a ULT, I would most certainly expect a lighter trigger pull.

I don't doubt that a bit. I have to run my Tickler all the way up if my tank is full. Otherwise, it just won't work at all. They can't handle the high input pressures, and require a higher pressure than a normal lpr to do the same job, because of having such a low volume. I can't wait to get a different one for my mag.

Do you notice a difference in the trigger feel with your micro-rock? Mine is not bad by any means, but with a ULT it should be feather light.

Spider-TW
08-10-2010, 10:20 AM

I did not try the micro rock with the ULT. I had converted to EP and back to a classic valve at the same time I switched to the rock.

I did run the tickler for a day or two with an x-valve and ULT. While you had everything shooting about 1 bps, you could turn the tickler way down to the point where you would have worry about your trigger return. I have a roller bearing trigger and had a low mounted msv (half a lever arm to the rod). It was too light to have a good feel of knowing you were actually on the trigger before you hit the stop. At that pressure, the whole thing would set up and not fire by the time you got to game on. That knob on the tickler came in handy.

[nm..->I am suspicious that the small sealed cavity behind the piston restricts the response of the reg. The rock has a larger cavity and is not sealed so well. I need to try this on my old tickler. If it makes a difference, I would drill a small hole in the center of that cap and put the o-ring back on. <- nm] The tickler is vented anyway. I was thinking about a shocktech.

I've always assumed the skinny piston area on the tickler was the problem, though.