PDA

View Full Version : problem with sear or valve on emag (dono which)

Feathered
06-21-2010, 02:21 AM
ok so im a newbie to mags in general and have a minor issue with mine. when I shoot a stream it seems to load 2 balls sometimes not sure what is makeing it do it but I do fully pull the trigger and it just moves bolt forward and back then it will fire the next shot after that. would that be a sear problem if so could someone direct me to a link on how to properly set up a sear?

also very rarely the valve will not reset or refill not sure which one it is but I will pull the trigger and itl shoot then make a thump noise and wont shoot for a little bit. I generally just wiggle the gun to un do it but Im not sure how good it is that it is doing that... no idea here any idea's?

also this is a Emag firing in mech mode.

flyingpootang
06-21-2010, 06:40 AM
Sounds like you have a L10 bolt, so try the next largest L10 carrier

Feathered
06-21-2010, 03:06 PM
the carrier is the copper or gold looking part on the end of the valve right? or is it the one inside of the valve just before that one on the end?

Ando
06-21-2010, 03:16 PM
That the power tube tip. Unscrew that part and look inside.

Feathered
06-21-2010, 04:12 PM
Does it say what size it is? I'm at work now but ill look when I get home.

iridehyperlite07
06-22-2010, 04:01 PM
Does it say what size it is? I'm at work now but ill look when I get home.

You can tell sizes by a combination of lines and/or dots on the carrier. More lines=bigger carrier. BTW, "bigger" refers to the diameter of the inside hole, not the length/width of the brass piece. (might sound obvious but it confused me at first) So find out which one is in it right now, and go up from there.

iridehyperlite07
06-22-2010, 04:05 PM
You can tell sizes by a combination of lines and/or dots on the carrier. More lines=bigger carrier. BTW, "bigger" refers to the diameter of the inside hole, not the length/width of the brass piece. (might sound obvious but it confused me at first) So find out which one is in it right now, and go up from there.

Forgot to tell you, the internals of the powertube will have to be pulled out, they don't usually just fall out on their own. If you have one of the dental hooks that works best, or you could use a small allen key and hook it underneath. Only thing is remember how you took it apart. Remember how many shims were in the tube to begin with, and remember the order that everything went in. Because if you screw up the order it won't work either. You can find diagrams of "exploded" valves on the AGD tech page HERE (http://www.airgundesignsusa.com/manual.shtml)... Hope this helps.

Feathered
06-22-2010, 05:58 PM
Ok hopefully ill be home early enough to do it tonight. Ill let you guys know how it goes.

athomas
06-22-2010, 08:36 PM
Remove all the shims from the powertube when tuning your level 10. They won't make any difference in your tuning, except that they could cause leaking if you leave them in.

Carrier sizes are determined by lines and dots on the outside of the carrier. A line represents a 1 and dots represent 0.5. eg; Two lines with dots would represent 2.5 which is a fairly large carrier. One line without any dots would represent 1.0 which is a carrier that may work but is often tight on some setups. You should be using the largest carrier that does not produce a leak. Always use the same carrier oring each time you change carriers.

You should be using the gold or red spring. Most end up using the red spring for best overall performance.

iridehyperlite07
06-22-2010, 11:37 PM
Remove all the shims from the powertube when tuning your level 10. They won't make any difference in your tuning, except that they could cause leaking if you leave them in.

Carrier sizes are determined by lines and dots on the outside of the carrier. A line represents a 1 and dots represent 0.5. eg; Two lines with dots would represent 2.5 which is a fairly large carrier. One line without any dots would represent 1.0 which is a carrier that may work but is often tight on some setups. You should be using the largest carrier that does not produce a leak. Always use the same carrier oring each time you change carriers.

You should be using the gold or red spring. Most end up using the red spring for best overall performance.

Yeah, what he said ^^... :)

Feathered
07-08-2010, 05:32 PM
Ok so I took it apart and took the carier out finnaly... there are no marks on the outside of the carie. Are they under the oring? Also all orings look to be in good shape.

athomas
07-09-2010, 05:12 AM
No marks on the outside would represent a size 0. That is a tight carrier and in most cases won't allow the gun to cycle properly.

athomas
07-09-2010, 05:22 AM
Here is a picture of the level 10 carriers. http://www.airgundesignsusa.com/xmag/html/graphics/carrierlengths.gifhttp://www.airgundesignsusa.com/xmag/html/graphics/carriersizes.gif

Feathered
07-09-2010, 05:43 AM
Ok it has scufs where the line for 1 would be. What size should I order? Any places that sell sets?

iridehyperlite07
07-09-2010, 08:13 AM
Ok it has scufs where the line for 1 would be. What size should I order? Any places that sell sets?

You will need a LVL 10 parts kit. You can find them in the AGD store on their website, or sometimes find them on here. It will come with the complete set of all carriers, bolt springs, and o-rings. Or, sometimes if you put up a want add in the classifieds people can dig up specifics that you might need... I would suggest getting a "complete" kit so you know exactly what you're getting. From there, you should be set for anything you need to tune the bolt.

Feathered
07-14-2010, 08:10 AM
I cant find the complete sets on AGD site or tuna's site. should I just order one of every size and then tune it from there? also should I order a new oring to replace the old one just for sure measure?

athomas
07-14-2010, 09:26 AM
Carriers are ordered individually. I have never seen anyone use larger than 2.5, and rarely larger than 2.0. There have been a few that have used size 0, but most use between 0.5 and 1.5. For a complete set to cover all situations, get a range from 0 to 2.5. You won't need to purchase the one you already have, so you only need to purchase 5 carriers.

If you have an oring kit (you should have one of these in your possession always), then you already have the level 10 powertube oring. It is the same one as the reg seat oring. Because you have an emag, make sure you have a spare quad oring on hand as well. It isn't included in the kits and needs to be ordered separately. The kit you need is http://store.airgundesignsusa.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=458&categoryID=24

If you don't have any extra bolt springs, you should order one of each size. They are a consumable item and will wear out.