PDA

View Full Version : wow, talk about lowering the ball...

Butterfingers
02-08-2002, 11:19 AM
http://forums.paintballcity.com/newreply.php?action=newreply&threadid=214985

Paintchucker
02-08-2002, 12:55 PM
Your link actually takes you to the "post new" in that thread. Now I didn't see the guy in the thread say "cracked delrin" only delrin problem... If he also posted something that said "cracked delrin" in another place on the forums, you should have posted that link to back yourself up. If not, I think you ASSUME'd too much. (ASSUME=make an *** of U and ME) and they were right to bust your chops for being an AGD Biggot. Just my 2 cents worth...

Nitroduck
02-08-2002, 01:01 PM
Butterfingers - hate to say it, but you lowered the bar for AGD.........

Shocktech makes delrin sleves for Matrixes and the Shocktech Matrix. They are part of thier bolt kit......

Not to be mean, but you made a moron of yourself on PBC...You really should take into consideration that a part out there might have something similar to a AGD product, but not the exact same thing...

cphilip
02-08-2002, 01:22 PM
So is he right then? Does Matrix have a deldrin bolt problem or is Butter right and the guy is confusing his problems with his gun?

Take it easy on Butter he was just trying to help. I see no one else even knew the answer but just critisized his possibility.

So is there a Matrix Deldrin bolt with a problem or not? If not then Butter is likely right.

I also notice a certain style of hostility that makes me stay off that Forum so much. So I don't like it being brought over here. Leave it in the gutter where it belongs when you come back to Civilization.

steveg
02-08-2002, 01:43 PM
O.K. I must respond now. The people on that thread tried
several times to correct Butter ,he did not believe them,
and yes other forums are less civil that here.

They are right Butter is wrong (except about the Mags part)

There is a spacer that is part of the Matrix bolt assembly
It forms the dump chamber.
Shocktech, in a semi succesful attempt, tried to increase
the Matrix gas mileage by increasing the wall thickness
of this spacer. This decreases the dump chamber size,
Increases the operating pressure,and slightly increases
efficiency.

It did however cause solenoid problems due to over pressure.

This was only a bandaid solution however, because the
inefficency was caused by an incorrectly dimensioned part
elsewere in the bolt assembly (thus the popularity of the
aardvark bolt kit)

Steveg Matrix #01344 owner

cphilip
02-08-2002, 01:48 PM
Thanks Steve.

You see if they had corrected him with the real answer just like you did it would have been effective and he wouldn't have had to keep thinking the guy was confused about it.

LaW
02-08-2002, 01:50 PM
Those guys on that forum were very rude and didn't even answer the guys question and just criticized butter... he was offering a different explanation, but i guess that doesn't "help" anyone heh? Some people argue over the dumbest crap...

cphilip
02-08-2002, 01:53 PM
That was my take on it to. And see how easily Steve here answers it? Not too hard was it? Why didn't they do that? It would have been easier and more helpfull. And Butter would have then known for sure. And then he woulda shut up! :D

steveg
02-08-2002, 01:59 PM
To be honest(and maybe a little snotty) I don't think
most people have a clue of how the things work

P.S. cut and pasted the relevant parts and posted over there

shartley
02-08-2002, 02:05 PM
Interesting…..

I took it both ways.

I took it as Butter assumed wrong BUT genuinely tried to help with information he knew about (although not correct for the actual situation). Some of the posters jumped on him for this, which was not nice. However, then Butter refused (after being told that it was NOT an AGD issue) to let it drop, and continued to tell his AGD information…. This only upset the group further.

I think that is what got them going.. not the fact that he tried to help, but that he kept at it with AGD info when he was told that it was NOT an AGD issue. Someone SHOULD have stepped up with relevant information to help the guy out though (agree with LaW on that one). So, I guess if fingers are to be pointed, they could be pointed at ALL of the participants of that Thread.. but for different reasons. :D Hey!!!!!! Life goes on!

It never ceases to amaze me how people drag crap from other forums back HERE to AO. I thought AO prided itself in NOT being like the other forums….. so lets NOT be. And let the garbage from another forum STAY there. :)

cphilip
02-08-2002, 02:05 PM
Your probably right. So they didn't know the right answer but they knew the wrong one. Rich! :rolleyes:

Paintchucker
02-08-2002, 02:10 PM
LINK: Matrix Accessories (http://www.unlikelyheroes.ca/acc-matrix.shtml)

LINK: Someone Else with a Matrix Delrin Bolt Problem (http://pub21.ezboard.com/fpaintballstarmessgeboardfrm32.showMessage?topicID =92.topic)

shartley
02-08-2002, 02:13 PM
cphilip
Ain't that the way it is far too often? LOL

Then the problem becomes second to the "fight" about it. ;)

Yup... I gots LOTS of kids. :D

cphilip
02-08-2002, 02:14 PM
Dad!!! He's lookin at me!!!!!! :eek:

shartley
02-08-2002, 02:21 PM
OR…

You hear a fight going on for about 15 minutes… gets louder.. gets louder…. You can’t tell WHAT is going on, but it is about to END!!!! Stomp, stomp, stomp….

“Hey! What the heck is going on here? What seems to be the problem?!?”

“Nothing Dad.”

Hmmmmm Funny how many times they fight over NOTHING. I bet that is the problem with the world… NOTHING.

But at that point however, Dad does not even care who is right or wrong.. he only cares about one word….. QUIET. LOL Will they ever learn? If they want to kill each other, do it quietly… or else DAD will get them BOTH!!!
:D:D:D:D

cphilip
02-08-2002, 02:25 PM
Daily question: "Got any homework?
Daily answer: "Nope"
Every 9 weeks report card: "Does not complete assignments"

http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/derr.gif

shartley
02-08-2002, 02:28 PM
LOL Classic!

How about this one?

“Do you need any help? Having problems?”

“Nope.”

Report card comes, grade dropped 2 letters……

“What happened here?”

“I didn’t understand what was going on.”
:rolleyes:

HoppysMag
02-08-2002, 02:29 PM
Daily question: "Got any homework? Daily answer: "Nope" Every 9 weeks report card: "Does not complete assignments"

Me tooooo LOL

cphilip
02-08-2002, 02:36 PM
...the next nine weeks...

Me: Got any home work?
Him: Nope
Me: Are YOU SURE???? Remember you told me last nine weeks..
Him: Yes but I...I...did it in Study Hall
Me: No way! No one has ever done anything in the history of man in Study Hall. DO YOUR HOME WORK!!!

I am getting smarter here you see? http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/copper.gif

shartley
02-08-2002, 02:49 PM
Got a question for you Phil…..

You know how Kids are SO SMART, and they KNOW EVERYTHING?

Then how come the most heard thing out of their OWN mouths when they are caught doing something they weren’t suppose to be doing, or NOT doing something they WERE suppose to be doing, and you ASK them WHY, is….

“I don’t know.”
:D :D :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

cphilip
02-08-2002, 02:54 PM
Ummmmm....I don't know?

:D

Butterfingers
02-08-2002, 04:01 PM
Alright guys...

Shartly perhaps you are right, I shouldent have dragged it back to home... But then again I just wanted some opinons on it. Thats just my opinion. Replying is your choice.

My point wasnt to insist that the matrix delrin sleve did not exist, my arguement was that perhaps he mistook the mag information that he read and applied it to the matrix delrin sleve.

I should be more clear next time.

Keep up the constructive criticism. I enjoy it good or bad. If anything don't be nice for the sake of being nice tell me what you think. What I love about this forum is that the community is able to make constructive criticism and will be honest for the most part. It is a good learning experience and an eye opener.

"It is better for sombody to tell you you left your fly open than it is to walk around like an idiot."

hitech
02-08-2002, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by cphilip
Dad!!! He's lookin at me!!!!!! :eek:

Me: There will be no more looking in this house!!! ;)

hitech
02-08-2002, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by shartley
Got a question for you Phil…..

You know how Kids are SO SMART, and they KNOW EVERYTHING?

Then how come the most heard thing out of their OWN mouths...is….

“I don’t know.”

I HAVE got to remember that one!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

krasher
02-08-2002, 07:18 PM
Just to clear things up, some of you think there is a matrix delrin bolt and that this may have problems with fracturing like a few reported with the agd superbolt. There is no matrix delrin bolt.

As said, its a SPACER. The problems related with it are pressure related, not delrin cracking related, although it may break because it's made by shocktech ;) jk. I have one and don't use it.