PDA

View Full Version : New crossfire reg, any good?

theGOLDENchild
06-23-2010, 09:52 AM
Crossfire is having a good deal, free hydro for life when you purchase a tank from them. My problem is I can't find any solid specs on their new Stealth reg. Apparently it's rebuildable and according to pbgear, it outputs 800 psi. I'm wondering if the output psi can be shimmed like the ninja regs and/or how well it will work with my emag. Does anyone have any experience with the new reg?

correia3
06-23-2010, 10:19 AM
I just got my tank back from the hydro/reg swap deal that they are running, but I haven't had a chance to use it yet. It looks like a nice little reg, but it didn't come with any info about rebuilding it or adjusting the output pressure...Not much help, I know, but I thought I would throw it out there...

Dirge
06-23-2010, 10:31 AM
Works great!

My only advice is break it in. Mine ran a bit high (900ish), but settled down quickly.

Excellent recharge.

CatoRockwell
06-23-2010, 12:14 PM
So far mine has worked flawlessly.

theGOLDENchild
06-23-2010, 01:59 PM
I have a 4500 flatline and I'm growing tired of the hard mounted tank. Would the crossfire be a good replacement? I'm conflicted between crossfire and ninja as crossfire is somewhat local and now they're offering the free hydros.

kwood
06-23-2010, 02:05 PM
I have a 4500 flatline and I'm growing tired of the hard mounted tank. Would the crossfire be a good replacement? I'm conflicted between crossfire and ninja as crossfire is somewhat local and now they're offering the free hydros.

would buying a tank from them, and swapping the reg with a ninja void that free hydro deal?

theGOLDENchild
06-23-2010, 02:42 PM
I wonder if Ninja is still working on the high-pressure reg tailored for mag users? That would sway my decision towards Ninja.

CatoRockwell
06-23-2010, 03:04 PM
Go with ninja. They have waaay better customer support and they are very active in th pb community. I have the stealth and its awesome but support is a bit more difficult to deal with. If i had to do it all over again id go ninja.

SkinnyHare
06-23-2010, 04:17 PM

let me know when you want to get rid of it :D

badpennny
06-23-2010, 05:03 PM
I used my new 4500 stealth system at LL3 on my e-tac. It worked great. If you want the ability to shim your reg, you can always go with ninja and get a 4500 new crossfire tank ( the free hydro is for a complete system OR a tank OR a reg). The stealth is a little short though, I will actually need a reg extender in order to use it on a few other guns with less clearance near the bottom-line.

sjrtk
06-23-2010, 06:48 PM
I have 2 of the new style regs. My first one was at about 975 psi but settled to 825 after the first fill (still there and rock steady was also more fun at 975). The second came out of the box at 900 and settled to 800 after the third or fourth fill. they are now serviceable at home. The seem to recharge about as fast as my ninja does (no shoot down with either). I have absolutely no complaints with them.

going_home
06-24-2010, 06:32 AM
$32.95 is not a bad price for the reg.

Went thru the checkout and shipping was $10.00 and handling $2.00.

Whew !

:(

correia3
06-24-2010, 07:28 AM
Go with ninja. They have waaay better customer support and they are very active in th pb community. I have the stealth and its awesome but support is a bit more difficult to deal with. If i had to do it all over again id go ninja.

I have to second that. I was underwhelmed by the customer service at Crossfire, to say the least... :(

Guardian
06-24-2010, 08:26 AM
I just had a different experience with Crossfire . After the receptionist put me on the phone with one of the Tech's . He was very informative . I wasn't asking about the new reg per se , but general questions about hydro testing both HPA and CO2 tanks , exemptions and testing on chrome-molly tanks, reg swaps , CO2 valve installs , siphon tube installs , and other questions . He even gave me updated price quotes (all cheaper) that haven't been posted on their website yet . I can't say I'm dissapointed with their customer service .

Guardian
06-24-2010, 08:59 AM
I wonder if Ninja is still working on the high-pressure reg tailored for mag users? That would sway my decision towards Ninja.

Yup , just called them not too long ago as well . They still do that up to 1150-1200psi range . Ray told me that we can shim the standard output regs up to 1000psi , but beyond that , consistancy goes out the window . In order to retain the consistancy above 1000psi , they have to use a different spring pack . Repeat : He will build custom regs for mag users .

CatoRockwell
06-24-2010, 09:00 AM
I just had a different experience with Crossfire . After the receptionist put me on the phone with one of the Tech's . He was very informative . I wasn't asking about the new reg per se , but general questions about hydro testing , reg swaps , siphon valve installs . He even gave me updated price quotes (all cheaper) that haven't been posted on their website yet . I can't say I'm dissapointed with their customer service .

Wait til you need something fixed, they get to it, but they don't keep you in the loop. Again, I can't complain when my reg went down twice in the same year, they gave me the new stealth reg for free, but that was after $30+ in shipping costs and 2 letters and 3 phone calls. For just the shipping to have them fix it alone I could have bought a new reg.

Again they fixed it, but they don't keep any records on you as the customer, if I hadn't harassed them, they wouldn't have even known it was a problem reg and would have done the same oring replacement and 5-6 months from now I'd be sending it in, again, $18 in shipping to replace a $.05 oring.

They don't have bad customer service, but compared to what I've seen with Ninja, who attends every major paintball event, who does custom orders for their customers, and who is very alert and aware of their customers needs; Crossfire seems to be a bit detached.

I just want to say again, Crossfire did fix my issue and I am satisfied with my new reg, I guess I just have higher expectations about customer service. :cheers:

Guardian
06-24-2010, 09:11 AM
Wait til you need something fixed, they get to it, but they don't keep you in the loop. Again, I can't complain when my reg went down twice in the same year, they gave me the new stealth reg for free, but that was after $30+ in shipping costs and 2 letters and 3 phone calls. For just the shipping to have them fix it alone I could have bought a new reg.

Again they fixed it, but they don't keep any records on you as the customer, if I hadn't harassed them, they wouldn't have even known it was a problem reg and would have done the same oring replacement and 5-6 months from now I'd be sending it in, again, $18 in shipping to replace a $.05 oring.

They don't have bad customer service, but compared to what I've seen with Ninja, who attends every major paintball event, who does custom orders for their customers, and who is very alert and aware of their customers needs; Crossfire seems to be a bit detached.

I just want to say again, Crossfire did fix my issue and I am satisfied with my new reg, I guess I just have higher expectations about customer service. :cheers:

That maybe true , I'll find out when I have all that stuff listed above done . From what I got with the phone conversation , they are a tank and valve manufacturer . The Crossfire brand is a subdivision of a much larger company . So far with the two times I have dealt with them , It's been good considering they are a big business where transactions are often less personal on account of the volume of inventory and number of customers they deal with.

Ninja is a much smaller company dedicated to paintball , so I would expect their customer service to be more personal .

Either way I have no complaints yet with either company .