PDA

View Full Version : Clemson U about to announce an event!

cphilip
02-08-2002, 12:01 PM
OK! Some of you guys might remember me working on this a while back. Never could get it together last School year but it is about to happen. We are are few steps away so all this is preliminary. I just want to guage some interest IF it all comes together. At least part of it will for sure, that I know.

1) A Fun Style open tourney at our Livestock Arena here in Clemson SC.
2) Paintball Inc. (Formerly National PB Supply) is doing paint
3) Tom is trying to see if he can come. He wants to. We are hoping it is going to be a "Meet Tom Kaye of AGD" thing where he will play some and stuff.
4) We are going to try and keep the cost way low and we expect cheap paint from Paintball Inc as well. All we want to do is break even this first year. And get people together and meet Tom and things like that.
5) Two fields. You can come as a team or you can pick up on one when you get here.
6) Camping Possible. We have a large covered open arena for shelter for people and vendors. Water and rest rooms a plenty and we will have a short order grill thing running by ARA-Mark during the day.
7) May have a BBQ after for those who want to socialize. It will probably be seperate fee so you can come to that only or skip it or do both or whatever.

Target date is September 7th. We hope to formally announce in a couple of weeks. We are about two hours North of Atlanta Ga. and two hours South of Charlotte NC located 8 miles off of Interstate 85 and its a straight shot off the highway to the Arena. GSP International is 45 minutes away.

Tell me who wants to come huh? Tell Tom you want to if he is there as well. Lets see if we can get Bill Mills to come too! Raise a chear you Middle South East guys and help me pressure them all into it!!!!!

headcase
02-08-2002, 12:16 PM
Cool............I would be very interested, that's only about 6 hours from here.........keep us updated.

thanx

Paintchucker
02-08-2002, 12:19 PM
Sept is a long way away, but sounds like a good time! Maybe we could have a 3man AO shootout or something.

cphilip
02-08-2002, 12:27 PM
Yes Sept is a long time away but we want to announce early and have a long time to promote and offer some early sign up discounts. Plus you have to get in line for all these Big Wig guys early so you can be sure they can be there.

cphilip
02-08-2002, 02:08 PM
Gotta get some feed back guys. And some pressure on! ;)

hitmanng
02-10-2002, 12:41 AM
How close are you to Crossville TN? Should be about 4 hrs I am thinking. Have some relatives done there. I would do my best to make it. This is the AO social everyone wanted 6 months to a year ago. Lets make it happen people. Maybe CP will even "Fall down and cry like a girl" for us. :p
As I said I would do my best to be there.
Hitmanng

cphilip
02-10-2002, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by hitmanng
Maybe CP will even "Fall down and cry like a girl" for us. :p Hitmanng

That is likely to happen either way! :)

I'll check on that for you hitmanng.

Phil

giant1515
02-12-2002, 11:48 AM
But i may not be in the southeast come september. I'm gradutating in april and lord knows where i'll get a job with the market like it is.

Giant