PDA

View Full Version : AGD Carbon Fiber Y-Grip

SockMonkey
06-24-2010, 03:26 PM
Well, I wasn't quite sure were to post this but this seemed the best fit spot.

I Really have been wanting a Y-Grip for a while, but have trouble budgeting a new one (maybe in a while). But I Managed to fab this thing up with a hack saw and some JB Weld.

I cut it were the red line is and flipped it, moving it down a bit. Then clamped the two pieces to a piece of wood with small spring clamps. Made sure the bottom was as parallel as possible. Used some tape to hold the JB weld in place and let it sure over night. After some quick sanding its basically ready for play (hopefully this saturday). SorrY I didn't grab any pics while I was making this, it was a last minute idea and I jumped right on it.

Seems to be quite sturdy, I'm not sorried about it breaking on the field but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I plan to make some custom panels obviously, either out of 1/4 marine plywood I have or 1/4 inch aluminum. I may go with the raw aluminum to match the rail. I'll probably make both and see which I like best.

I can't post pics here, only gives me one upload and when I try to attach a pic it gives me an error, so heres some pics on MCB:

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/air-gun-designs/125024-agd-carbon-fiber-y-grip.html#post1365293

Ando
06-24-2010, 03:48 PM
That's pretty cool bro. Aluminum grips will also give it support. If you don't have one, I got an old double trigger you can have and you can probably re-form the trigger guard out of JB-Weld, paint it up and it should look nice.

SockMonkey
06-24-2010, 04:01 PM
If you wanted to mail that to me that would be awesome.. Better then spending like $10 for one on eBay. I can PM you my address. :D!!!!!

I was thinking about the support too. I could make the aluminum grips and either have a bunch of spots with screws or lather the backs of the grips in JB weld and really sturdy it up.

I may also make a second. leave this one a single trigger and make a double as well, see how that works. I think the positioning of the bottom half may be a bit different with the double, maybe I could move it farther to the front of the marker and give a more straight line up the back of the grip.

**ADD** paint is another thing btu I will wait till I have it finished before I do that.

rifleman wi
06-24-2010, 04:02 PM
my buddie and i made a wood one a few years ago on his jig saw, even got my rt-x valve to bounce the wooden trigger at 20 CPS :shooting:

Ando
06-24-2010, 04:21 PM
Send it.