PDA

View Full Version : flatline/backspin/hopup idea

02-08-2002, 12:07 PM
take a barrel, and drill and tap holes along the top of the barrel for autococker ball detentes to be placed every 3/4 in.

do you think that this would generate enough spin to be effective?
problems with breaking paint?

on the plus side.
if you have the tools, easily adaptible to any marker
no funny flat line looking thing
possibly easier to squiegie out

cphilip
02-08-2002, 12:52 PM
Sending out to Main Forum...

Temo Vryce
02-08-2002, 12:53 PM
Paint Shredder

cphilip
02-08-2002, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Temo Vryce
Paint Shredder

Thats not good right?:(

FeelTheRT
02-08-2002, 01:49 PM
what u could do is get a venturi bolt for your Autococker. Seal the top holes somehow so only gas can come out from the bottom. Now take ur barrel and use electrical tape to tape up the portings. All the portings except for portings on top of the barrel. I'm not sure if this will work or not, but IMO it's a great thougth.

Smokee_2_7
02-08-2002, 01:50 PM
Maybe if you only used a thick barrel such as a stock one. That way, you could do this with the detents NOT going in so far that the thread protrude into the breach. Might be neat to try out. Additionally, you probably wouldnt need more than one detent in the barrel. MAYBE two.

02-08-2002, 02:49 PM
"what u could do is get a venturi bolt for your Autococker. Seal the top holes somehow so only gas can come out from the bottom. Now take ur barrel and use electrical tape to tape up the portings. All the portings except for portings on top of the barrel. I'm not sure if this will work or not, but IMO it's a great thougth."

there is a company that made these a while back, might have been cooper t.

they required a large bore barrel

and only worked on high pressure

Jonny05
02-08-2002, 03:38 PM
Z-bodies are nice but require a .699 to .702'' bore to work really nice. There is a skid plate right after the breech and puts a complete backspin on the ball all through the barrel.

You may want to try something totally old school... Make a ring to fit snug on the tip of the barrel. Attach something grippy like a thin slab of rubber or something in the path of the top of the ball. It should cause a back spin. I have never tryed it though.

Here is something I used to do way back when... I used a .689 barrel with diablo paint (.684) then cut a pice of thin roll masking tape. Put a 2'' pice down the barrel on the top, and put it on good. It caused a nice backspin. Useing thin really sticky tape works best. It did come out after a while so check your velocity more often if you do this.

Vegeta
02-08-2002, 07:21 PM
just put a small peice of tape on right after the threads in the bottom of hte barrel. that way the ball spins forawd mvign air faster underneath it.

Jonny05
02-08-2002, 07:44 PM
I used to do that with nail polish in my phantom. It acted as a ball detent and a back spin device.

But it soon came to me back spin sucks without perfect paint. Also it would hardly spin it. By the tip of the barrel the ball usally corrected itself with the even friction of the rest of the barrel.

Thats why I started putting things on the tip.

GallagherAtWar
02-09-2002, 06:54 PM
whats a ball detent?

FeelTheRT
02-09-2002, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by GalligerAtWar
whats a ball detent?

lol it's this little thingy that keeps the gun from double feeding.

paintbattler
02-09-2002, 10:52 PM
if u do that, u wood have ur own paint mixer for ur soup and vegies *EDIT* i think all he knew was "nubbins" and not "ball detent". lol juz a guess

XR4
02-12-2002, 01:42 PM
I don't think sealing holes on the venturi bolt would work. Air pressure exerts an equal force over every area of the same size. The air pressure is uniform behind the ball. By the same token, porting anywhere on the barrel reduces pressure behind the entire ball, not just the area where the porting is. Just because Smart Parts says its true doesn't make it so.