PDA

View Full Version : Some Noob RT Questions

96_MYSTIC
06-26-2010, 04:57 PM
I’ve owned a couple of AutoMag Classics and I’m thinking about getting an RT but I’ve got a couple of questions.

AutoMag RT Classic, AutoMag RT ULE, AutoMag RT Pro, etc…Are these all the same thing? I’ve found a couple of RT’s that were built around 2004 – 2006. Are there any differences between these years and a newer one? An older one?

I read somewhere that the “input pressure” is what determines the reactivity of the valve, i.e. Is this referring to the pressure at which the HPA tank is set to release the air (I don’t really know much about HPA tanks)? How do you set it? Can anyone do it or would I have to have a paintball or SCUBA shop do it?

I’ve seen some with Intelleframes and some without. Does this frame affect the RT effect at all or is it just for comfort and so that the marker will work better with a warpfeed?

athomas
06-26-2010, 09:59 PM
All of the retro/RT mags are the same except the Automag RT, which is often referred to as the RT classic. It uses a different valve. Internally, it is the same, but it is a different diameter and requires a different rail and body. It is the only mag that has parts that are not interchangeable with the others.

Input pressure to the valve determines reactivity. This pressure is the output pressure from the tank. Some tank regs are adjustable by the user. Some are not. If you know what you are doing, some can be increased using shims.

iridehyperlite07
06-27-2010, 01:58 AM
I’ve seen some with Intelleframes and some without. Does this frame affect the RT effect at all or is it just for comfort and so that the marker will work better with a warpfeed?

The intelli's will not affect the response of the valve other than the fact that if you were to put a ULT on off in the valve you would theoretically be able to walk the trigger close to the effects of an electronic trigger. Also, personal opinion here but, I have found that the triggers on intelli's are easier to hold down to cause the trigger to react by having a longer trigger rather than the shorter one of the stock frames. Another very minor positive is the fact that intelli's are lighter than the stock frames and are more aesthetically appealing... In short, they work better for some applications and look better than the stock frames.

Oh, and I agree with thomas ^^ 100%.