PDA

View Full Version : a little help here

D.J.
06-28-2010, 09:42 AM
I just recently picked up an old minimag the won't shoot. It airs up fine, no leaks. I can fire one shot and then it quits. The trigger still has pressure on it, but the gun will not shoot after that. I've took it apart and all the orings look new(none of the are even yellow).

Any help would be great. BTW, I'm not a mag newb, just have had one for about 10 years or better. :D

Oh I know it doesn't matter, but the only upgrade on the mag is a ANS phase 2 valve.

Spider-TW
06-28-2010, 12:37 PM
Got oil?

Start with this thread...

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=251727

athomas
06-28-2010, 02:53 PM
What bolt does it have? Is the bolt sticking? Is the trigger pressurized following the shot? Is the rail bushing in place? Is the on-off top upside down?

xero28
06-28-2010, 03:42 PM
After you fire the first time, push on the front of the bolt and see if it resets. You might need a new main spring?

athomas
06-28-2010, 05:09 PM
A worn main spring might cause bolt stick issues, but even a worn bolt spring will reset by itself, only a bit slower than normal.

D.J.
06-29-2010, 08:31 AM
well I tried pushing the bolt back, still nothing. I've checked checked on here and made sure the on/off is right. And I've oiled the holy **** out of it. Still same thing. I've got a friend the used to work for AGD that I'm going to get to help me out with it.

BTW, it is a stock bolt, best I remember.

athomas
06-29-2010, 11:04 AM
If pushing the bolt back does not allow it to reset, then it is not getting enough air pressure at the top of the on-off pin. Make sure the air path is good. Even check the ASA to make sure the pin isn't pushed in too far.