PDA

View Full Version : AutoMags that take cocker threads

FeWolf
07-01-2010, 08:39 AM
Since I am new to the AGD world, I was wondering what AutoMags take cocker threads for the barrels, figured best place ask was here.
Thank You in advance!

cockerpunk
07-01-2010, 08:40 AM
Since I am new to the AGD world, I was wondering what AutoMags take cocker threads for the barrels, figured best place ask was here.
Thank You in advance!

anything with a ULE body, or Xmags. you can get twist lock to cocker adapters.

FeWolf
07-01-2010, 08:42 AM
anything with a ULE body, or Xmags. you can get twist lock to cocker adapters.
How good are the twist lock adapters and where can you get them?

kwood
07-01-2010, 09:00 AM
There are a few other aftermarket bodies that take cocker threads as well
Ptp micromag bodies
Deadlywind bodies
RPG bodies (modified ule bodies)
Venomous designs bodies

Anyone correct me if I'm missing some

FeWolf
07-01-2010, 09:01 AM
Ptp micromag bodies
is that all Gens.?

OPBN
07-01-2010, 09:09 AM
Ptp micromag bodies
is that all Gens.?All Gens except the first that had a fixed barrel IIRC.

cockerpunk
07-01-2010, 09:18 AM
How good are the twist lock adapters and where can you get them?

if not trying to underbore ... they work fine. but the whole point of an aftermarket barrel is to underbore for effienecy. if all you care about is accuracy, then shoot it like you stole it.

Frizzle Fry
07-01-2010, 03:15 PM
the whole point of an aftermarket barrel is to underbore for effienecy

With a lvl10 and field grade paint you definitely don't want to underbore. Mags are gas hogs but on a warm day with a tight bore and average paint, you'll rip off 6 shots and shoot 4 balls with a well tuned lvl10. I personally use .681 inserts with all my mags (no chops, chuffs or muffs), but with standard paint I flop up to .691 and rechrono to avoid that problem.

cockerpunk
07-01-2010, 03:45 PM
With a lvl10 and field grade paint you definitely don't want to underbore. Mags are gas hogs but on a warm day with a tight bore and average paint, you'll rip off 6 shots and shoot 4 balls with a well tuned lvl10. I personally use .681 inserts with all my mags (no chops, chuffs or muffs), but with standard paint I flop up to .691 and rechrono to avoid that problem.

all my mags are lvl 10 and they all get well above average effienecy when underboring. feild grade paint or otherwise ... lvl 10 triggers fine to prevent chops. i dont tune my lvl 10s very tight though, no real need.

zondo
07-01-2010, 05:35 PM
Thank You in advance!

New to the AGD world but you joined in 2004 :confused:

FeWolf
07-01-2010, 11:36 PM
I buy and sale here, using cocker since the 90's, and notice my 111 posts in 6yrs

MANN
07-02-2010, 12:53 AM
all aluminum bodies take cocker barrels.
Here is a write up that another member did.
http://www.pblegion.com/showthread.php?t=4129

fishmishin
07-02-2010, 06:08 AM

He is well known on CustomCockers and is a great guy to deal with. Great to see you messing with mags some more know !!

FeWolf
07-02-2010, 09:00 AM
all aluminum bodies take cocker barrels.
Here is a write up that another member did.
http://www.pblegion.com/showthread.php?t=4129
Mann thank you that is really EXCELLENT articile.

The Cocker Curse has come on me, figured it was time to change another Mech, for me the only mechs are Cockers, Mags and Blazers, I just like old skool markers.

DevilMan
07-02-2010, 09:33 AM
Well you know I'm over on CC as well Wolf... so if you come across anything that you need just hit me up...

I've been a mag guy for a lot longer than a cocker one... :D I hate dealing with the timing and rollouts of cockers. :D

Anyway, any mag question you have can be answered by the guys of this forum... of course it helps that TK is still around.

DM