PDA

View Full Version : Brand New TacOne has issues

TacOneFish
07-03-2010, 01:30 PM
Ok so I just bought a brand new Tac One and I have never used an automag before so I'm a bit of a newbie with them. So I install the ULT and I gas it up with a 4500 hp tank. What it does is it either leeks out a massive amount of air on the first trigger pull and the trigger doesn't bounce back, I pull the trigger and nothing happens at all, or it shoot a few shots but then the bolt sticks. So i heard that some people tried using different sized carriers but maybe it's just me but they all look like the same size. So does anybody have any ideas on how to fix my mag?

maniacmechanic
07-03-2010, 02:11 PM
here is the LX carrier size guide ; http://www.airgundesignsusa.com/xmag/html/lvl10.html
Do you have the R/T on/off ? get it running right with that 1st

Spider-TW
07-03-2010, 02:33 PM
add oil too.

TacOneFish
07-03-2010, 05:44 PM
if the foamie falls out will that cause any issues?

Spider-TW
07-04-2010, 05:39 PM
nothing critical. It won't interfere with getting everything else working. Some people never put them back on.

Newt
07-04-2010, 10:42 PM
The foamie shouldn't cause problems in it's absence. My bro's mag had a bad habit of shooting them off. We cured that by trimming the "outside" that hits the paintball so it's more aerodynamic.

BlackOps
07-04-2010, 11:39 PM
I second the notion to put the standard RT on/off in and get the Level X tuned in first, then move on to the ULT. It really helps to make sure you know where your problems are coming from.

athomas
07-05-2010, 10:56 AM
If the Tac-One is brand new, then you should definately tune the level 10 with the Retro on-off first. Remove all the shims from the powertube and use the largest carrier that does not leak. It is the oring that is being adjusted so always use the same white carrier oring when changing carrier sizes.

After you get the level 10 tuned, install the ULT. Start with 3 ULT shims. Make sure you don't mix up the ULT and level 10 shims. The ULT shims are 0.005" thick and the level 10 shims are 0.01" thick. Add shims one at a time until the gun goes full auto. Then remove the shim that caused it and you should be good to go.