PDA

View Full Version : L7 Barrel Leak

Chace
07-03-2010, 05:28 PM
Hey, guys. I just got back onto the field after about a year and a half, and I was saddened that my Mag was broken. I get a leak down the barrel and I don't have any o-rings.
When I got my Mag, the power tube tip was the only o-ring I didn't change. I don't have anymore, but I'm curious as to why it's leaking. Unfortunately only the Superstock and ProMaster worked.
So AO, help get my marker back in saddle!

(PS. If anyone could send me about 3 o-rings in an envelope, I will mail you a dollar in return.)

Ando
07-03-2010, 06:39 PM
Try oiling it ;)

Does it keep leaking when you hold the trigger down?

Also, might not be a oring at all. Could be your spring pack in your PT. Only way to fix that is getting a spacer kit.

Chace
07-03-2010, 08:29 PM
Spring pack? Well, it was working before. It stops when I hold down the trigger. The powertube o-ring doesn't fit too tight, and it hasn't been replaced in 9 years, so I was thinking that could be it. I put oil in the asa and shot it through. Still leaks. I also put oil on the valve by hand.
I'm not sure what's going on to be honest. :confused:

Ando
07-04-2010, 03:57 AM
It stops when I hold down the trigger.

That right there tells me your PT area is money. It's your on/off that's the problem. Go through the on/off assy and ck for any missing, cut or old deteriorating orings.

Also, clean it out. Could be some dirt or old teflon tape that's gumming up the works.

secretweaponevan
07-04-2010, 08:05 AM
That right there tells me your PT area is money. It's your on/off that's the problem. Go through the on/off assy and ck for any missing, cut or old deteriorating orings.

Also, clean it out. Could be some dirt or old teflon tape that's gumming up the works.

That is exactly wrong. If gasflow to the powertube shuts "off" when you hold the trigger, the on/off is working correctly.

He has a leaky powertube o-ring.

Hobbez
07-04-2010, 08:08 AM
Swap your pt o-ring with the one from your on/off. Its the same size. If the leak changes, youll know that ring is your problem.

Chace
07-04-2010, 12:20 PM
Well, neither o-ring fits too well. I tried sealing the power tube tip with a different o-ring, but it didn't work. I'm looking for some o-rings right now. It stops when I pull the trigger, and I've never had this problem before, so I don't thing it's the spacer or the spring.

Ando
07-04-2010, 12:57 PM
SOB, my bad. I just woke up (4 am) for work when I wrote that.

Forget what I said :rolleyes:

It's your powertube oring.

Chace
07-04-2010, 01:13 PM
That's cool. I just need the o-rings right now. :(

brycelarson
07-04-2010, 01:20 PM
rebuild kits are $20 - it's prob worth buying one. If you're a moderate user it'll keep you in the game for years.

Chace
07-04-2010, 01:31 PM
Thanks for the info, Bryce. I already have the other o-rings in a rebuild kit, but power tube o-rings aren't there, and I don't know what I did with 'em. And since this seems to be the mainly used o-ring (other than the teflon ones) I'd rather just get a few of these.
If worst comes to worst, I'll buy a parts kit, but it takes a long time to get those from my shop since they don't keep them in stock.

Ando
07-04-2010, 03:24 PM
If your shop has loose orings for other markers, rummage through them and find one that'll fit..

Chace
07-04-2010, 03:51 PM
Tunaman's going to hook me up with some.
Anyone know the exact size of the o-ring? I'm thinking about doing a bulk order from McMaster-Carr.

athomas
07-05-2010, 11:14 AM
The powertube tip oring only keeps the powertube tip from vibrating loose. It doesn't seal anything. The powertube oring is the one that seals. The powertube oring is the same oring as the large top on-off oring and the large bottom on-off oring. Try swapping the powertube oring with the the bottom oring on the on-off assembly to see if it makes a difference. Sometimes it can help if you just reverse the powertube oring (flip it front to back).