PDA

View Full Version : PTP Micro Emag help

Magmerc
07-03-2010, 06:51 PM
Well, finally got around to working on the ptp micro emag I got a month ago. I don't have the battery yet, so I figured I'd try and get it to work in mech mode. Try being the key word.

Hour or so later, got the trigger rod around 2.20 give or take .05. Still won't fire in mech mode. It seems as if it wants to work, but now I'm getting a gas leak down the barrel. Before when the rod was too short I wasn't. WTH???
Is this something to do with the on off pin or???

Don't know what to say or do. All orings in the emag valve were replaced with the exception of the power tube tip oring. AGD says the xvalve parts kit works for the emag as long as you get the quad oring too, but guess what. They didn't mention a ****in thing about the power tube tip oring for level 7 emag valves, which really peeves me off. Had to dig up a old one. :mad:

So, um, anyways after the unrelated rant. Can someone help me??? Advice??? :(

Magmerc
07-03-2010, 08:55 PM
Ok. So alot more adjusting and care. I was from the start making sure the trigger rod was all the way forward. But I realize if I pulled it even more by plier, it would work! So now its working, but only if I yank the trigger rod all the way forward and baby the trigger if that makes sense. Help?

secretweaponevan
07-05-2010, 10:32 AM
Where do you live?

athomas
07-05-2010, 10:47 AM
Don't worry about the powertube tip oring. It has no function other than keeping tension on the tip so that it doesn't come loose.

Do you have the PTP body spacer installed, as well as the shorter PTP on-off pin?

Magmerc
07-05-2010, 12:37 PM
Secretweaponevan: Up in New England area.

Athomas: Gotcha on the powertube tip oring. And no. I bought a emag valve for this, so I have a regular emag pin and spacer. I believe my pin is .71 long and my spacer is .215 . So do I need special pins / spacers? If so, can I email PTP??? Thanks so much.

athomas
07-05-2010, 12:54 PM
The spacer is not the powertube spacer. It is a body spacer that goes between the emag grip frame and the PTP body. If the emag was already configured as a micro-emag, then it probably already has the spacer installed.

The PTP body requires the valve to have a 0.685" on-off pin. It sounds like your experiences are related to the length of the pin. You can get the pin from Proteam Products.

Magmerc
07-05-2010, 12:59 PM
Oh. Feel like such a idiot now. :rolleyes: But yes, I have the thin metal piece in between the micro body and emag lowers.

And ok on the pin. I'll contact PTP tonight. Thank you so much for the help.

audioSLAVE
07-05-2010, 02:08 PM
Don't mean to hijack a thread, but I have a Micro E-mag as well and was wondering if I wanted to put a different body/rail on the PTP lowers, what modification or parts would I need to do so? Is it an easy swap or not? I didn't know there was a specific on/off pin for the PTP E-mag and this made me curious if there were other specific parts as well.

athomas
07-05-2010, 02:46 PM
Don't mean to hijack a thread, but I have a Micro E-mag as well and was wondering if I wanted to put a different body/rail on the PTP lowers, what modification or parts would I need to do so? Is it an easy swap or not? I didn't know there was a specific on/off pin for the PTP E-mag and this made me curious if there were other specific parts as well.You would have to get a standard 0.712" on-off pin instead of the PTP 0.685" pin. If you are putting a rail and body on, you would need an emag sear assembly instead of the micro-emag sear assembly. Those are the only different parts you would need besides the rail and body that you would be putting on.

audioSLAVE
07-05-2010, 03:09 PM
You would have to get a standard 0.712" on-off pin instead of the PTP 0.685" pin. If you are putting a rail and body on, you would need an emag sear assembly instead of the micro-emag sear assembly. Those are the only different parts you would need besides the rail and body that you would be putting on.
Thank you, good to know.

p8ntbal4me
07-05-2010, 04:15 PM
Secretweaponevan: Up in New England area.

I live in NH,.. I own a few Micro E-Mags that run quite well.

If you need help I could get u where you want to be.

~ P8nt

Magmerc
07-05-2010, 05:34 PM
Ah, awesome. I think I'm going to file the pin, PTP told me to try that, until I either need a new one and file it down to .05 of the old one or until I'm happy with that, but I'll keep your offer in mind. Thanks though!

p8ntbal4me
07-05-2010, 05:52 PM
Ah, awesome. I think I'm going to file the pin, PTP told me to try that, until I either need a new one and file it down to .05 of the old one or until I'm happy with that, but I'll keep your offer in mind. Thanks though!

Thats what I do,... make sure you do it in SMALL amounts and use a caliper!

~ P8nt

http://home.comcast.net/~allfor114all/AoUSMC.gif

BlackOps
07-21-2010, 06:12 PM
Guess I'll jump in this thread since I have a related question as well. I recently purchased a set of PTP lowers to put on my Tac 1 (I'm assuming they are PTP lowers anyway, they have the humped grip?) When I mount the rail on the lowers, the sear binds and won't function, if I lift the rail slightly it works fine, so I'm assuming I need the spacer to mount PTP lowers on a regular TAC 1 and Rail. Will I need the shorter on/off pin or the regular length E-mag pin?

p8ntbal4me
07-21-2010, 06:21 PM
Sounds like you DO need the spacer. Thats what happens to the sear on my PTP Micro E-Mags when no spacer is installed.

I for one use the .68x size pin length on ALL my AGD mags with E lowers,.. i just get better results from them

~ P8nt

http://home.comcast.net/~allfor114all/AoUSMC.gif

athomas
07-21-2010, 06:57 PM
Guess I'll jump in this thread since I have a related question as well. I recently purchased a set of PTP lowers to put on my Tac 1 (I'm assuming they are PTP lowers anyway, they have the humped grip?) When I mount the rail on the lowers, the sear binds and won't function, if I lift the rail slightly it works fine, so I'm assuming I need the spacer to mount PTP lowers on a regular TAC 1 and Rail. Will I need the shorter on/off pin or the regular length E-mag pin?What you have are emag lowers. All emag lowers are the same fucntionally. The original ones had the hump and later versions had the straight back. PTP bodies use the emag lowers for micro-emags. The only difference is the sear. If the emag lowers had been used on a PTP body, it may have a micro-emag sear instead of an emag sear.

If you want to mount emag lowers on a Tac 1, they just bolt on. No spacer is needed. The emag sear replaces the one in the Tac-1 rail as long as it is an emag sear and not a micro-emag sear.

You will need a 0.712" on-off pin and a quad oring for the on-off in the valve.

When mounting the lowers on the rail, make sure the trigger rod is going into the proper slot and that the plunger is the correct length. The length of the plunger should be 3.005" from the clevis to the bottom of the plunger. Also make sure that there are no bends in any of the rods.

Ando
07-21-2010, 07:29 PM
I never knew there were differences in the sears, I assumed they were all the same and the shim was due to tolerance issues. I'd actually like to see this sear you have if all possible.

athomas
07-21-2010, 08:05 PM
The body shim is due to the differences in the body dimensions.

The micromag body takes the same sear as the classic automag rail. An emag sear needs to be modified to fit. The sear is a regular emag sear that has the bushing shaved down and drilled so that it is flush with the side of the sear and fits the micromag sear pin.

BlackOps
07-22-2010, 09:43 PM
I took out the sear to measure the plunger, and it turns out my binding problem was because the plunger rod was bent. Straightened it up and works just fine. :clap:

athomas
07-23-2010, 05:49 AM
Sounds like you are good to go.