PDA

View Full Version : inline maxflow help!

captian pinky
07-03-2010, 09:43 PM
ok guys i have an inline maxflow reg that seems to be outputting to much pressure. i believe that the reg isnt working and that 3000psi is the output. i believe this because i bought a brand new gauge this week and it blew the quage today when i aired it up.

if anyone has and advice for me please tell me

Ando
07-04-2010, 03:51 AM
3k output???

I'll buy it off ya :p

No seriously. Turn the front of it counter clockwise. That will lower the pressure. If your pushing 3k the burst disk would have blown so I doubt your pushing that much air.

Frizzle Fry
07-04-2010, 04:07 AM
If your pushing 3k the burst disk would have blown so I doubt your pushing that much air.

Can't be 3k... It'd blow macro/internals/whatever if you put it through (at least with most markers).

What type of marker is it on? Most MaxFlos are LP output and are intended to push 150-250psi.

If you blew the "output" gauge then I wouldn't worry too much. The gauges tend to go up to 500psi or so, and the reg is perfectly capable of blowing the gauge if you aren't careful with adjusting your output (ex: pulling the cap, adjusting too high, etc). The reg will do over 500psi, it just won't recharge well/properly because it's sprung and shimmed for low pressure, but it can burst enough to kill a gauge (I've done it twice before). Try adjusting to the lowest flow possible and install a new gauge.

If you blew the "tank pressure" gauge it's likely that who ever filled it dumped dangerous levels of air into it.

Spider-TW
07-10-2010, 04:11 PM
An unfortunately necessary (but good) reference...

http://www.zdspb.com/tech/mguide/regs/main_inline.html

The poppet seal can fail and go full output. When my poppet cup seal leaks, the top just burps it off.

If you try to replace the poppet seal, the top piece has loctite on it. Heat it up before you try to twist it out. I broke mine off first, then heated it up and got it apart :rolleyes: (they are not strong). At the time, SP still sold whole new poppets.